Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 »

Re: Mandatory Boat-Wash/Inspection Station in Annandale?
LSF Member
Quote:

chris63 wrote:
Ultra wealthy??????????????????I don't think there are any "ultra wealthy on ANY lakes in Minnesota let alone Wright county.What is your definition of ultra wealthy?My statements were and are general observations.I'm not posting to argue or look for a fight.Lake property owners (ultra wealthy??)are concerned about "Their"property values and quality of the water and wildlife.Some maybe wanting to make the Lake hard to enter(private) for the general public.(If) that's so, then have just the property owner(s) around that lake pay for the services........we all know that won't happen. There are so many services goods etc we all pay for that are a waste of time money and effort.Pick your battles carefully....the battle WILL wage on!!!!!!Good luck,don't fall in!!!!!

I'm not saying just in Wright County, they did this with the assistance of the head of the Christmas Lake Association and Bill Ingebrigtson(not sure on the spelling here). I was responding to your ignorance-laden comment that the lakeshore owners seem "more involved" in legislation. I tried informing you of the fact that they aren't involved, they're simply using their disposable income to harass average people.

Do you remember last year when the DNR announced which new lakes it would be stocking with muskies? The lake association crowd had nearly 18 months to provide input through the DNR's website. After the 18 months had passed and the DNR announced which new lakes would be getting stocked, the lake association crowd threw some money around and suddenly a bunch of congresspeople were involved and blocked the DNR from doing their job. That kind of caving to special interests for absolutely no reason other than personal gain is what is upsetting.

Posted on: 7/16 11:59:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
It is a fact that organization and funding will defeat disorganization and lack of funding, every single time.

The lake associations have discovered that alone, they represent the interests of one lake, but that banded together and pooling resources, they can coerce government to serve a larger agenda. Never mind that lake property owners are a tiny percentage of citizens who use the public waterways. They are organized and funded, and we are not.

Until we form some kind of a public boaters association, elect articulate leaders willing to do the necessary legwork, networking, and political organizing/lobbying - and fund it accordingly - we will be steamrolled, and our public waters will no longer be public, practically speaking. Our access or lack thereof will be dictated by the lake associations, using the power of government as the enforcer of their agenda to control access.

Posted on: 7/16 13:01:35

LSF Member
Boat wash as often and as many boats as you wish.Not a chance its going to stop the two really pissed off old timers I ran into last week.They said they have plenty of time on their hands and according to them pails of zeebs and a full tank of gas.Cant say I didnt see this happening.

Posted on: 7/16 13:03:30

LSF Member
Quote:

chris63 wrote:.Lake property owners (ultra wealthy??)are concerned about "Their"property values:

actually...I did some research on this and from the reports it actually showed that Zebra muscles INCREASED lake shore value. who would of thought?

Posted on: 7/17 8:43:52

LSF Member
Value(s)?????this is in the eye of the beholder.Increase in values simply equates to more shenanigans of tax robbers!c63

Posted on: 7/17 11:08:46

LSF Member
Some folks are pigs.......you have them come into a "public"launch or onto a lake in the winter leaving "stuff"behind. Making noise all night. Playing LOUD music having landing lights on Carp shooting boat(s)etc,etc,etc,etc.These actions will have an affect on the ability to sell a lake property.Again I'm not trying to cause trouble or get argumentative return posts just pointing out some observations.c63

Posted on: 7/17 11:20:43

Field Staff
From Clearwater\Kimberly
Quote:

chris63 wrote:
Some folks are pigs.......you have them come into a "public"launch or onto a lake in the winter leaving "stuff"behind. Making noise all night. Playing LOUD music having landing lights on Carp shooting boat(s)etc,etc,etc,etc.These actions will have an affect on the ability to sell a lake property.Again I'm not trying to cause trouble or get argumentative return posts just pointing out some observations.c63

So basically your saying that you wanna keep the lale to yourself!!! Reguardless of any kind of inspection mandatory or not you are gonna have this. Dont like it move off the lake.

Posted on: 7/17 11:29:38

LSF Member
I don't live on any lake.

Posted on: 7/17 11:41:13

LSF Member
EVERYBODY has a special interest even if they don't realize it.c63

Posted on: 7/17 11:59:43

LSF Member
Well...I was just pointing out a fact. Google it. Zebra muscles increase lake values. More than likely it's because they clean up the lake and typically, lake owners enjoy the clean water! It's just a little tidbit of info maybe we can spread to Lake Associations ...

Posted on: 7/17 13:33:09

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page