Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: pickled salmon
LSF Member
Quote:

whateverbites wrote:
Quote:

floodeyes wrote:
Smoke them and then can them. It's very good. When canning them just add 1 tbs of canola oil and 1 tbs spoon of a good home made maple syrup. All the bones dissolve and still has the smoked flavor. That's per pint.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you cold smoked the salmon or it is not fully cooked you need to pressure can it. Water bath canning will not get hot enough to kill the bacteria.

That is correct. When we can our fish we can it for 100 minutes at 10lbs of pressure if my memory serves me correctly. Even when I smoke the fish first then can it, I still can it at the above minutes. When smoked first just take the skin off and break up into pieces to fit into the pint jars. The reason I add the oil and syrup is to keep the fish moist when canned. Everyone that has tried it has really liked it. When I can the fish raw it's a totally different recipe.

Posted on: 7/7 12:29:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page