Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Heads up on change at MN DMV
LSF Member
From Farmington MN
A new DMV computer system goes live on July 24 in MN.
Most DMV offices state wide will be closed Thurs. July 20 thru Sat. July 22, offices that are opened will only be able to renew drivers licenses and won't be able to do anything with plates, tabs, titles or registrations.
The offices aren't allowed to open their doors on Monday the 24th until the state gives them the OK. If you have tabs that are due Aug 1, I would do it next week because the first week with the new system it's bound to crash often.
The new system triples the amount of data that has to be entered so it will take longer too.

Posted on: 2017/7/14 13:49

Re: Heds up on change at MN DMV
Staff Team
From Bloomington
So it is a DMV RAGE upgrade it seems.

They still owe me money for making me pay for tabs 2X.

Posted on: 2017/7/14 15:17

LSF Member
What do you mean "triple the information"?????Once MNLARS is upgraded and operational it will speed up the amount of time and energy for all parties involved with registration, driver related tabs and license renewal items for staff and the public.Everything takes a little patience and time!c63

Posted on: 2017/7/14 15:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Farmington MN
My wife works at a private Deputy Registrars office. From the training she has been doing, the amount of entries she will have to make has more than tripled.

Posted on: 2017/7/14 15:35

LSF Member
From Farmington MN
Quote:

chris63 wrote:
What do you mean "triple the information"?????Once MNLARS is upgraded and operational it will speed up the amount of time and energy for all parties involved with registration, driver related tabs and license renewal items for staff and the public.Everything takes a little patience and time!c63

The system will probably be better than what they have now, we all know that software has to be constantly improved and upgraded. The "triple the information" may only be until the system has all the info it demands in it's data base.
My warning is for week one with the new system. It's most likely going to be a cluster bleep until the clerks and customers get familiar with the new system.

Posted on: 2017/7/14 16:00

LSF Member
From St. Paul, MN
Quote:

chris63 wrote:

It's the government.

Posted on: 2017/7/16 7:00

LSF Member
From Farmington MN
Quote:

chris63 wrote:

How do you like the new system now Chris?
5 months in and the system is only marginally better than it was at roll out.
Titles don't take triple the time to enter, it's more like 5 times, and when it's finished the clerk knows there is only a 75% chance the transaction went through properly and there is no way to check to see if it did.
For people who ordered tabs online and didn't receive their tabs the majority of the time the system will not allow the clerk to issue tabs without charging the customer for duplicates! My wife is so frustrated with the new system and the abuse from frustrated customers she is moving her retirement 6 months earlier than she had planned.

Posted on: 2017/12/18 9:28

LSF Member
From Hastings/Remer, MN
dmv systems, healthcare systems... the government has issues with their IT choices.
I'm in the IT biz...
let's just say, you get what you pay for.

And the lead IT people in the state government... well... no comment.

Posted on: 2017/12/18 11:41
IBOT #286

If guns kill people, can I blame my pen for my mistakes?
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Heads up on change at MN DMV
LSF Member
From Mn

Posted on: 2/1 23:32:56

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page