Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Grindstone
LSF Member
From East Bethel
Any reports on the landing at grindstone? It wasn't too bad getting out last year. Would love to get out there.

Posted on: 2017/7/22 9:16

Re: Grindstone
LSF Member
From Sandstone
They dredged it late last summer but it's still shallow. Also once you get out of the creek it gets shallow fast. This was as of a month ago.

Posted on: 2017/7/24 8:13

LSF Member
From andover
I'm planning on going there Friday with my wife and daughter. they dregged it 4 feet deep as far as I know, up to the entrance of the lake. I'm hopping that all the rain we have had boosted the water level some. good luck.

Posted on: 2017/7/24 8:34

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From East Bethel
It wasn't bad getting the boat off of the trailer last fall... getting past the channel to the lake was a chore.. Just curious as I would love to get out there. My boat is 19' and a challenge

Posted on: 2017/7/24 19:54

LSF Member
From andover
What a shame it is that they didn't dredge it out past the entrance. I'm for a great environment, but that makes no sense at all and I told them that. They had no control over that. So that's the way government works. No common sense at all. I'll let you know when I get back on Friday. Mine is about the same size as yours. good luck.

Posted on: 2017/7/25 8:34

LSF Member
Good luck Reinhard! Sad to say, I haven't been out there. Looking forward to your report!

Posted on: 2017/7/25 19:25

LSF Member
From East Bethel
Curious to here the report Reinhard. I would like to get out there this weekend as well but hate to make the drive and cant get out.

Posted on: 2017/7/26 20:46

LSF Member
From andover
If I can't get out then there are a couple of nearby lakes I can fish. Hope to get out. good luck.

Posted on: 2017/7/27 9:38

LSF Member
From East Bethel
Look forward to hearing the conditions. Good luck out there. If I can't get out, I will head over to the pond.

Posted on: 2017/7/27 21:06

LSF Member
From andover
Returned from Grindstone. I was unsure at first at landing my 1850 Chrestliner with the 115 hp 4 stroke. But here came another guy with a bigger boat than I had by a foot. I talked to him and he said he was out yesterday with a boat the same size with a buddy and they made it out with no problem. He took the boat out with his electric motor.

When you get to the landing and you have been to the landing like I have been since the early 70's it looked like nothing has changed. My tire gauge was great because the dock tires were almost submerged. But i could see the sand from the small creek on my left and it was shallow from Grindstone creek on the right of the dock. But they did dredge out a path to the lake.

So after landing [I turn the boat around so the front faces the lake] stay in the center and when you get near the lake stay to the leftcenter. I went out with the big motor with the trim up of course and made it out with no problem. Yes the water is down but still able to make it out and in. Something you would not be able to do last year when water is down with a boat my size.

As far as fishing. No rainbows in the top 20 feet. We tried deeper diving lures with no hits. We had Lot's of action with bluegills but most were small. We had our grandaugther along and she caught them and we had to pay attention to the gills vs other fishing most of the time. She lost a nice pike that cut off her line [drag not set] but caught a small one which gave her the moment of the day.

We caught rock bass, bluegills, pike [small] and smallmouth. plus one largemouth about 2 pounds. I lost three very nice smallmouth myself on jumps. My daughter had a pike on with a spinnerbait that would of went 12 pounds at least. But that was the story of the day. Bigger fish lost and smaller fish caught. I did try for one hour with my count down reel for lakers. had one on at 60 feet for maybe 5 minutes while the gals decided to take a break and enjoyed the sun. So all in all it was a fun day and a hot day. Glad we had sun screen stuff. good luck.

Posted on: 2017/7/28 21:20

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page