Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Metro smallmouth
LSF Member
From Metro
Tonka during the week is not bad at all. I was out yesterday and today. Yesterday, the weather was great and actually not too busy until 11am or so. I was out on the main lake early morning and didn't see another boat for about an hour.

Today, still not too many boats. More sailboats than anything.
If you can get out during the week and early, it's definitely a good option. I did actually see a few kayak fisherman today, pretty close to shore though, wind was kickin. I've seen paddle boarders and canoers early weekday mornings as well.

Yeah everyone is pretty hush hush about the lake. For good reason. But If you know what the fish relate to on the lake, pull up a map, pick some spots and start fishin!

Posted on: 7/25 13:55:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
I tried fishing at the Anoka/Champlin boat landing that starts in the Rum River where it empties into the Mississippi. I'm not sure if that is a great spot or not but I went out into the Mississippi to fish and got a few tiny Smallmouth. It seemed like it could be a good spot to hold some more fish but I didn't get into them yesterday. I'll have to try it again.

Posted on: 7/26 15:29:51

LSF Member
Quote:

nulmer10 wrote:
I tried fishing at the Anoka/Champlin boat landing that starts in the Rum River where it empties into the Mississippi. I'm not sure if that is a great spot or not but I went out into the Mississippi to fish and got a few tiny Smallmouth. It seemed like it could be a good spot to hold some more fish but I didn't get into them yesterday. I'll have to try it again.

Go above the dam Anoka fair grounds I find they are bigger up there.

Hit the railroad bridge.

Posted on: 7/27 6:02:19

LSF Member
From Hastings, MN
hit the St. Criox along any of the rocky walls or docks. weekdays. weeknights, sunday evenings or anytime in September. the river is loaded with smallies.

Posted on: 7/27 16:53:31

LSF Member
I had the day off so I hit up Minnetonka today. I was in the kayak so I was very limited. I fished Wayzata Bay and didn't get any smallmouth. I did get some big largemouth and big pike, along with many sunnies. I was hoping to randomly get into some walleye or smalmouth but still a fun day. Random question, is there a good way to drop in a kayak in Robinson Bay? I couldn't figure it out.

Posted on: 8/7 18:52:47

LSF Member
From Metro
Robinson I don't think so. It's all housing in that bay. Next closest would be St. Louis or Carsons. St. Louis is private to the homeowners in the area I believe but you could try it? Carsons is for deep haven residents only but you can put your kayak in and drive to the school by there and walk back. There are some closer places to park but like I said pretty sure you have to be a deephaven resident with a permit to park in those areas.

Posted on: 8/7 20:42:46

LSF Member
Quote:

LakerChaser93 wrote:
Robinson I don't think so. It's all housing in that bay. Next closest would be St. Louis or Carsons. St. Louis is private to the homeowners in the area I believe but you could try it? Carsons is for deep haven residents only but you can put your kayak in and drive to the school by there and walk back. There are some closer places to park but like I said pretty sure you have to be a deephaven resident with a permit to park in those areas.

You can get a non resident parking pass for 60 bucks if that's worth it to you?

Posted on: 8/7 23:21:17

LSF Member
You're on the right part of Tonka in fishing the lower lake but I've only ever caught smallmouth when fishing a bank with the wind blowing into it, preferably with wave action from boats as well. Neither of those would be ideal for a kayak obviously.

The Rum River is what I'd suggest. Or head up to Clearwater and float the Miss. There's an outfitter right on the river that will help you with a shuttle, and there's a bunch of them in that section of river.

Posted on: 8/8 15:06:19

LSF Member
Yes I wouldn't even waste my time fishing metro lakes if I was targeting smallies that's just my opinion

I have not been fishing the rum much as my fiancée has been wanting to go with and she likes to go to the sand bar where all the pontoons go on the Mississippi

I have been doing well (numbers wise not so many big one like I get on the rum) from Ramsey almost up to elk river on the Mississippi

Attach file:

jpg  12.jpg (113.65 KB)
34126_598a8e462ccc1.jpg 230X408 px

jpg  123.jpg (92.16 KB)
34126_598a8e552ebc9.jpg 343X193 px

jpg  1234.jpg (181.72 KB)
34126_598a8e5f7134f.jpg 1000X1334 px

Posted on: 8/8 23:24:20

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page