« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Mille Lacs resorts
LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Quote:

lindyRig wrote:
Quote:

LakerChaser93 wrote:
when people who fish bass don't typically stay the weekend? From what I've seen, it seems like a lot of the bass guys will make it a day trip and leave.

Probably the same reason bass guys have 300 HP motors and fly around all over the lake. They can't sit still very long.

Exactly. The bass nuts are a different breed. 60K boats to catch a few green carp. I don't want to drive 2 hours after fishing all day. Bass vs. walleye guys are just a different breed.

Posted on: 8/1 20:04:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

Oldstar wrote:
Quote:

lindyRig wrote:
Quote:

LakerChaser93 wrote:
when people who fish bass don't typically stay the weekend? From what I've seen, it seems like a lot of the bass guys will make it a day trip and leave.

Probably the same reason bass guys have 300 HP motors and fly around all over the lake. They can't sit still very long.

Exactly. The bass nuts are a different breed. 60K boats to catch a few green carp. I don't want to drive 2 hours after fishing all day. Bass vs. walleye guys are just a different breed.

60k come on I hardly doubt even a small percentage of bass guys are running a 60k boat.
Some Walleye boats have quite the price tag as well

Posted on: 8/2 3:00:48

LSF Member
Quote:

Oldstar wrote:

That's gotta be a Personal Perception thang!!

In all the years that we fished Mille Lac, the only time that we stayed over night was the Opening Weekend ritual.

Every other trip was leaving St Paul at 4AM, breakfast in Mora at Sportsman's Cafe, Bait from Jerry's next door to the cafe, then up to the Lake.....fish all day......then back to St Paul.

Posted on: 8/2 10:26:32

LSF Member
Quote:

leechlaker wrote:

I had to chuckle at the goofy "300 hp motors/bass guys can't sit still comment." That guy has evidently not sat over a slab of rock in 30 feet of water trying for 30 minutes to get one fish on the graph to bit a dropshot :)

I stand by my comment and it's not meant to be degrading. I am simply pointing out, that we are all wired differently and these differences show in our personal fishing styles.

A part of it you just reinforced for me. "On the lake before sun up and leave after sun down". To me, I'd just make it a weekend (or at least stay the night) rather than running home at 11pm or whatever. Way too much running around for my liking.

And it seems like a lot of the bass guys are wired that way.... probably why they like bass fishing in the first place. Nothing wrong with it, just a valid reason why they don't stay at resorts too often.

Posted on: 8/2 10:44:09

LSF Member
The handful of times that I went to ML this year, there were multiple out-of-state trucks and trailers parked at the public accesses. One weeknight 4 of the 9 parked at the landing were out-of-state. I doubt they were doing day trips, and based on the boats I saw, they weren't walleye fishing.

Posted on: 8/2 11:00:35

LSF Member
Always exceptions.

There are out-of-state bass guys at our resort too. Along with Pike/Musky and multi-species I'm sure.

Just pointing out the general trend.

Posted on: 8/2 11:17:42

LSF Member
Quote:

MasterGopherHunter wrote:
The handful of times that I went to ML this year, there were multiple out-of-state trucks and trailers parked at the public accesses.

This reinforces another point and comment made earlier. Why the public accesses? If you were really staying at a resort, on the water, why would you consistently trailer to a public access??

(besides the occasional wind factor)

Posted on: 8/2 11:31:46

LSF Member
I would agree with you on your points lindy.

Posted on: 8/2 12:07:42

LSF Member
Maybe try different locations on the lake? A couple times I've fished opposite sides of the lake in the same day to try a different location, in hopes to find more fish.

I have wondered why there seems to be a cold attitude about bass fishermens' effect on the local economy. At this point I'd think any business you can get should be happily welcomed.

Posted on: 8/2 12:15:57

LSF Member
From Minneapolis, MN / North Shore of Mille Lacs
I am a bass guy and I purchased property on the lake and the bass fishing was one reason why. I also fish walleye but primarily in the winter. I support the local businesses as much as I can.

There are several resort and businesses on the east side that are reporting increases in business and even record breaking years in recent history. Because of the bass fishing. One even stated their week long rentals they lost because of the walleye fishing, have come back by the bass fisherman.

Posted on: 8/2 12:20:38

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page