Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Boat use on st croix by Taylor's falls
LSF Member
From Oak Grove,Mn
I am looking for some advice and direction on the Saint Croix river by Taylors Falls planning a camping trip there in 2 weeks wondering if I can use my grizzly tracker 16' do I go above the dam or below Thanks any help is appreciated

Posted on: 2017/7/26 10:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Boat use on st croix by Taylor's falls
LSF Member
North on the Wis. side at the Never's dam site launch there is a very deep water launch, and good Catfishing just before the bend on the MN side right across the river.

Nothing real big but lots of two pound Channels a few years back when I was there, and quite a few Shovelnose Sturgeon mixed in.

South of the Falls at the Interstate Park, just a bit down stream for Walleye and Sauger.

In either area watch for Bars and Logs.

I have not been up that way this year, so I have no idea what the conditions of the river or the launches are.

Posted on: 2017/7/26 11:12

LSF Member
You'll be fine on both parts. There's a shallow spot here and there, but nothing I would consider bad.

Posted on: 2017/7/26 11:57

LSF Member
From Oak Grove,Mn
Thank you

Posted on: 2017/7/26 13:15

LSF Member
Where is a good place to launch south of the dam? I always drive by it on my way to Wisconsin but have never stopped to fish there. Not much of a river fisherman but it's a really nice area and seems like the fishing would be much improved from the lakes in the metro.

Posted on: 2017/7/26 13:26

LSF Member
There's a boat launch in the state park.

Posted on: 2017/7/26 18:38

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page