Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: How sad it is
LSF Member
Being a Mille lacs fisherman for the last 27 years I agree with all sides of this conversation. Large populations of perch can dominate the walleyes key forage, without mentioning the fly hatches throughout the season. If there really is an abundance of large perch or a large population of perch on the lake I would like to look into maybe pursuing that in attempt to see what year classes are most abundant.

Walleye fishing is tough. It always has been. Always will be. pressure pressure pressure.

How has the perch bite been this year? Any size ? Large populations of similar sizes?

Thanks.

Posted on: 7/29 19:15:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Chaska, via New Ulm
Quote:

IxRIcEMan wrote:
Being a Mille lacs fisherman for the last 27 years I agree with all sides of this conversation. Large populations of perch can dominate the walleyes key forage, without mentioning the fly hatches throughout the season. If there really is an abundance of large perch or a large population of perch on the lake I would like to look into maybe pursuing that in attempt to see what year classes are most abundant.

Walleye fishing is tough. It always has been. Always will be. pressure pressure pressure.

How has the perch bite been this year? Any size ? Large populations of similar sizes?

Thanks.

Just got back Sat. from 8 days on Winnie, you can catch all the perch you want but you will have trouble finding any size to eat.
Note: Winnie was classified as infected waters (Zebra Mussels)
now they can't take and transport minnows from the lake. that just added more forage for the Walleye to eat.

as stated earlier, we also had to change tactics to catch enough walleye for a fish fry. deeper water or after dark. but you can catch walleyes, it just takes a little more work and time.

Posted on: 8/7 9:55:55

LSF Member
Quote:

steelhead30 wrote:
I try to avoid the big 6 lakes. Not a fan of the slots. So many good walleye lakes out there.

However, I did read an article about the massive perch explosion in winni this week. Interesting. ...

Can anybody post this article? Would love to read it.

Posted on: 9/6 13:35:50
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page