Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Kicker motors
LSF Member
Hi guys I have a question, I have a prov 1775 and I'm looking to put a kicker motor on it. My question is what size and what make?

Posted on: 8/3 2:00:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Kicker motors
LSF Member
From Farmington MN
I would go with a 9.9, the same brand as the big motor.

Posted on: 8/3 6:43:21

LSF Member
From South Central
Personally, I would get whatever brand the main engine is so they match. I have a 9.9 Merc pro kicker on my Impact 1875, and it works great. Only complaint is it didn't have a trim switch on the motor, just at the remote throttle, so I had to put one on it. The stock 7 pitch prop would only get down to 1.5 mph, so I put a 5 pitch and now I can get down to .8-.9mph which allows me to get the motor rpm up just a touch when I troll at 2.0. I also highly recommend a speed controller like the trollmaster or similar. Really helps keep the correct speed.

Posted on: 8/3 8:25:55

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
The 9.9's get the most features because that is what most people use. Match the main engine. Yamaha, Mercury and Suzuki all make great kicker motors. I have a tiller kicker with electric start and tilt. I added the steering bracket and a panther removable steering rod and I can run it tied to the main for steering or just tiller style. Next thing i want to add would be the trollmaster.

Posted on: 8/4 7:07:40

LSF Member
From Carver County
Quote:

PB wrote:
Personally, I would get whatever brand the main engine is so they match. I have a 9.9 Merc pro kicker on my Impact 1875, and it works great. Only complaint is it didn't have a trim switch on the motor, just at the remote throttle, so I had to put one on it. The stock 7 pitch prop would only get down to 1.5 mph, so I put a 5 pitch and now I can get down to .8-.9mph which allows me to get the motor rpm up just a touch when I troll at 2.0. I also highly recommend a speed controller like the trollmaster or similar. Really helps keep the correct speed.

Hey PB...

Shoot me a PM with info on the addition of the trim switch and the lower pitch prop? I'd like to do both these mods on my Pro Kicker.

Posted on: 8/4 15:53:31

LSF Member
From GODS country
We put a Merc 15 on for a kicker.
ISH !!!!
Too loud !!@
Wish we would have gone with a Suzuki or Yamaha.

No need to get the same brand as your main pusher.

Posted on: 8/4 16:52:21

Staff Team
We fish out of a 18 foot Warrior Boat and have used an 8hp Honda Motor for 10 years with NO problems what so ever. It has electric tilt and trim and starts every single time. I hardly use the trolling motor if ever and run that 8hp Honda 30 hours a week up there and it runs excellent.................Kirk

Posted on: 8/4 17:37:38

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From Minnesota
If your looking used and don't care if you match find a Yamaha t8....super smooth and reliable..if your looking brand new I would look to match motor brands...next question you have to ask yourself is if you want controls at helm or tiller...

Posted on: 8/4 20:51:07

LSF Member
thanks guys for the info. know i just have to find one. mike

Posted on: 8/10 0:21:39

LSF Member
From South Central
Sorry moose-hunter, I keep trying to send you a pm but it just goes to my outbox and won't send.

Posted on: 8/13 20:26:08

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page