Resorts & Lodging
Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Heading to Leech this weekend for the week - Any tips?
LSF Member
Taking the family to Leech for vacation starting Saturday 8/5. The weather forecast looks cool for time of year. Who can help with tips or locations for walleye?

My son also would like to try to find some large northern. Would appreciate suggestions. Thanks All! Glad to be going fishing soon.

Posted on: 8/3 11:13:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Heading to Leech this weekend for the week - Any tips?
LSF Member
Wow, 6 posts in the last 10 years? This must be your annual post?

Sorry to say but I think fishing will be tough. The guides really aren't giving reports anymore and not a great time of year for walleyes. Having said that, you should be able to get the occasional walleye or pike. We were up for a week in July and did best over rocks, with #7 shad raps.

Good luck.

Posted on: 8/3 13:34:20

LSF Member
Thanks for the quick reply. We have been up to Leech for several years around this time but the forecast has not been this cool so thought I would see if there are other tactics we could try.

Thanks for the tip on 7's. We give them a try and hope for a bit warmer weather.

Thanks again!

Posted on: 8/3 15:00:23

LSF Member
From Walker, MN
Quote:

lindyRig wrote:
Wow, 6 posts in the last 10 years? This must be your annual post?

Sorry to say but I think fishing will be tough. The guides really aren't giving reports anymore and not a great time of year for walleyes. Having said that, you should be able to get the occasional walleye or pike. We were up for a week in July and did best over rocks, with #7 shad raps.

Good luck.
Rig

Rig, Guides are giving reports about Leech Lake if you look on Facebook . Guide Chuck Hasse with Leisure outdoor guide service out of Chase on the lake has a good report today look Video. Bite is tuff troll plugs on Lead core cover deep water should work. Good Luck. Weeds bass good lots of fun fish to catch on Leech now get to the weeds.

Lots of bait now small minnows big pike are going in Walker Bay and a Big Muskie may show up. Go.

I trolled Lead core Sun. caught a 19" 21" and a small northern need to look at deep water during the day. Lets roll

Also Rig why call him out for his posts. Not nice are you a staff guy.

Fishing Guide at Outright Angling . Phil Bauerly is a great guide on leech

Also Deron Doright guides on Leech

Posted on: 8/3 18:13:40

LSF Member
From Stoney pt, leech lake
If you want some action on leech hit the cat tails and reeds for bass. Use frogs, plastic craws etc.

Posted on: 8/3 19:04:53

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page