Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Can this be done?
LSF Member
From South Central Mn
My son in law caught and butchered a 39" pike in 2009. I took the head from the gut pail and took it to a taxidermist. It is on my wall. I have always wished I had the whole fish. Do you think a body could be made and attached to the head and know of anyone who could do that? Thanks for your thoughts.

Posted on: 8/8 23:58:16

Re: Can this be done?
LSF Member
Quote:

CamperCouple wrote:
My son in law caught and butchered a 39" pike in 2009. I took the head from the gut pail and took it to a taxidermist. It is on my wall. I have always wished I had the whole fish. Do you think a body could be made and attached to the head and know of anyone who could do that? Thanks for your thoughts.

Like you have just the head mounted?

Ya it can be done

Most the time when you get a trout mounted they use a fake head on a real body for reasons I wont get into.

it would be no different in doing a repo body on a real head.
but really if you already just have the head done why not do a full repo

you could keep the repo and you could give the head to your son in law

Rick at north country taxidermy in coon rapids does good repo work you could go to his shop and check out some of the repos he has done. I know he has some hand carved ones of the world record crappie, northern, and walleye

Holy buckets that world record walleye is insane
I didn't see the crappie finished just the carving he started I though it was just a supersized carving but he goes no someone really caught it that big

But anyway that's what I would do is just get a full repo it would cost about the same anyway

Posted on: 8/9 4:10:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page