Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Catfishing ??
Would like to know where to go catfishing within a reasonable distance of Milaca. I did an internet search and found a link for the 10 best catfishing spots in like kanabec County. One was the Ann River Bridge just south of Mora. It said the fish were big aggressive and plentiful but I put in about 6 hours using chicken blood dough bait and nightcrawlers and never got a bite.
I am 71 and moved to Minnesota how about 19 years ago and have got Trophy Class fish of about everything but just recently started wanting to try for catfishing know very little about it other than what I've read.
If anybody else there is targeting catfish and wouldn't mind a fishing partner I would be glad to share expenses

Posted on: 8/12 13:11:44
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Catfishing ??
dont know much about that area, but if you want to travel south into the st paul/minneapolis area there are dozens of trophy catfish spots on the minnesota and mississippi river. you could also try the st croix river anywhere south of taylors falls (stillwater has monster cats). flathead catfish get the biggest (mn record is 70 lbs) and you can catch them using live bullhead or live/cut sucker. try to find areas with current and structure and you should be able to catch them. dont know too much about channel catfish but i believe they like stinkbait. i did catch a massive channel cat (25 lb) on a live bullhead in stillwater near the lift bridge so i guess theyll eat anything.

Posted on: Yesterday 18:07:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page