Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 4 »

Mandatory Boat Wash - Lastest news
LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
I saw this on the Wright County website today: http://www.wrightswcd.org/Water_Management/aquatic_invasive_species.html
Theres a link in Blue on the home page.

Sounds like they are having a meeting about it on AUG 23. From talking to the DNR, I believe they didn't allow the initial dates for this to happen. Mostly because there was really no comment period on it. Sounds like they are gonna have it now. Guess if your against it, now's your chance to speak up. You can also send in written comments. Not sure exactly to who, at least I didn't see that part clearly. Maybe to Alicia O'Hare.

Like others have said, I believe their ultimate goal is to have this implemented county wide at some point. When you look at the committee info, most groups are lake associations. Hopefully it still can be stopped.

Here is the DNR person I called on this, she was helpful: Heidi Wolf - 651-259-5152

Anyone else have new info on this? Also maybe a good time again for people to repost contact info. That last thread got pretty muddled at the end.

Posted on: 8/17 14:57:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Mandatory Boat Wash - Lastest news
LSF Member
Thank you very much just put in the time off at work to attend we need to be heard people here is your chance.

Posted on: 8/17 15:46:59

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
I took a better look at the Document and it has emails on page 18 and 19 for where to send written comments to. Both DNR and county emails.

Posted on: 8/18 10:52:26

LSF Member
Quote:

SpoonbillSlayer wrote:
I took a better look at the Document and it has emails on page 18 and 19 for where to send written comments to. Both DNR and county emails.

Yup, click the link a couple posts up, then click the blue box that says "Plan available for comment" - scroll down to page 18-19 to the email links, and you can comment to both the DNR and Wright County.

Posted on: 8/22 20:48:07

LSF Member
Signed and done. I will be there tomorrow to see what's going on.

Posted on: 8/22 21:35:40

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
I also sent some letters in.

I did take a little better look at the proposal and what I didn't like is that they already have dates set up to when this is going to start. I kinda think this comment period is just to appease the DNR's request for a formal meeting period. I'm guessing this is going forward no matter what peoples comments are!! I did send a letter specifically about this concern to Alicia, the county lady.

Anyways, guess I still sent my comments to them.

Oh, does any one know where the meeting spot actual is for tonight? Just says that Park area.

Thanks.

Posted on: 8/23 7:06:56

LSF Member
Public Participation
The plan will be posted publicly on the Wright SWCD webpage beginning August 16th, 2017.
Comments will be taken until August 30th, 2017.
A public meeting will be held prior to the launch of the program. The meeting will be held in the
evening so that it will not interfere with the standard work day. The primary goal of the meeting
is to be informative and educational but public comments and questions will be taken.
The public meeting is scheduled for August 23rd, 2017 at 7:00pm-8:00pm at the Annandale Municipal Park Pavilion 300 Oak Ave N Annandale, MN 55302.

Posted on: 8/23 7:35:17

LSF Member
From North Central MN
Cant make it to the meeting but I did send an email. I dont think they will like what I wrote.

Posted on: 8/23 8:22:57

LSF Member
Just want to say thanks to all you guys and gals sticking up for us fisherman. Quote: I kinda think this comment period is just to appease the DNR's request for a formal meeting period. I'm guessing this is going forward no matter what peoples comments are!!.. Spoonbillslayer I believe you are correct. When I talked with the DNR they said they have to approve it first or it goes no where hears hoping. I will be there tonight look me up I would like to meet any of you. I wear a black abu hat.

Posted on: 8/23 8:31:58

Field Staff
From Clearwater\Kimberly
Quote:

mrpike1973 wrote:
Just want to say thanks to all you guys and gals sticking up for us fisherman. Quote: I kinda think this comment period is just to appease the DNR's request for a formal meeting period. I'm guessing this is going forward no matter what peoples comments are!!.. Spoonbillslayer I believe you are correct. When I talked with the DNR they said they have to approve it first or it goes no where hears hoping. I will be there tonight look me up I would like to meet any of you. I wear a black abu hat.

I agree. They already started on the decontamination station in town. I also heard that the wright county soil and water can over ride the dnrs decision on this. Not sure how true this is, but if thats the case were gonna fall on deaf ears tonight. Ill be there to voice my frustrations with the short sited program.

Posted on: 8/23 9:51:37

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page