Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: Mandatory Boat Wash - Lastest news
LSF Member
I could see someone taking a bucket of AIS and filming them throwing it into those lakes to prevent other lake associations from doing this.

Posted on: 8/25 8:28:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
The idea that the homeowners lakes will be ruined comes from the Lakes and Rivers advocacy/lobyyist group.Jeff Forester- his contact info is on the website,email him and look at his website as I did and you will find the propaganda his group pushes.I asked him to name a lake or lakes in this state or this country that have been rendered useless and he couldnt name a one.The only reason he even emailed me back is because I told him if I didnt hear back from him by a certain date I would publicly state his groups goal was to prevent public access to lakes.I also pointed out groomed lawns,destruction of native vegetation in the water and on land,the pumping of water and a host of other things laskeshore owners do has done way worse to our waters than a few fisherman will ever do.Also I have seen a bit of info put out at a lake assoc. meeting that says zeebs cleaning the water can have a 4-5% effect on Raising property values...

Posted on: 8/25 9:38:25

LSF Member
Quote:

fthslsf wrote:
.Also I have seen a bit of info put out at a lake assoc. meeting that says zeebs cleaning the water can have a 4-5% effect on Raising property values...

this is true. There is a report out of Wisconsin indicating that Zeebs to increase lake sure property.

Posted on: 8/25 13:30:22

LSF Member
Just because a "study"is posted on the net doesn't mean it's true.Look into who conducted and posted the "study".Property "values" in general have been rising around 3to8 percent annually (depending on the location)for a number of years now.(More tax base eh??????)To state that AIS is somehow responsible for the property value increase is simply inaccurate.c63

Posted on: 8/25 18:40:06

LSF Member
Quote:

chris63 wrote:
Just because a "study"is posted on the net doesn't mean it's true.Look into who conducted and posted the "study".Property "values" in general have been rising around 3to8 percent annually (depending on the location)for a number of years now.(More tax base eh??????)To state that AIS is somehow responsible for the property value increase is simply inaccurate.c63

That would be a valid observation - unless property values increased on lakes with zeebs at a higher rate than similar lakes in the same region without zeebs. In that case, the study would absolutely show what it's alleged to show.

If the study DOESN'T show that... that is to say, if the study shows property values with or without zeebs rising at the same or similar rate - it would indicate that the claim that zeebs harm property values is a false claim.

Posted on: 8/25 19:31:20

LSF Member
Quote:

chris63 wrote:

Read the report. Or are you too lazy and just make a broad statement " oh-just because it's on the internet...". Blow me a river. Try reading something in your life.

Posted on: 8/25 20:21:20

LSF Member
I will gladly read the the report.Where can I get a copy of it????You don't have to get flustered.Calm down......I do read!Again,who wrote the report and what do they want!??????????c63

Posted on: 8/26 21:57:40

LSF Member
From SW Metro
Here is a question asked by another at the open house Wednesday evening in Annandale:

What is the History of lakes that have had Starry Stonewort in them for 10, 20 or more years. since first discovered in 1978 in America, what has the history been?

Does it build up in cycles and die off, then build again similar to what Zebra Mussels do on many lakes?

I have not found one article which says a lake is now DEAD after being Infested, no, not one article.

Posted on: 8/26 22:13:39

Eat, Sleep, Fish

LSF Member
After checking I did find info on the graduate students study.Are you referring to Martin Meder from Wisconsin?I remember reading about that back in 2014 or so.The study is anecdotal evidence at best.If you look at the metrics (regression analysis) the sundry factors are as follows:Price,location,lot size.Presence of AIS is included in property value but again it's hard to say that is the sole reason for increased value.In the long run I think it's safe to say that AIS isn't something ANY citizen wants to promote.The negatives that are associated with AIS are greater than the positives.Unless you can show me more credible "studies".c63

Posted on: 8/26 22:21:58

LSF Member
Quote:

IronDioPriest wrote:
Quote:

chris63 wrote:

That would be a valid observation - unless property values increased on lakes with zeebs at a higher rate than similar lakes in the same region without zeebs. In that case, the study would absolutely show what it's alleged to show.

If the study DOESN'T show that... that is to say, if the study shows property values with or without zeebs rising at the same or similar rate - it would indicate that the claim that zeebs harm property values is a false claim.
Im saying it's not 100 percent the reason the property value went up.Were taxes increased?3 to 8 %possibly????Were there improvements to the property?On and on and on.......I don't think adding AIS to your environment is a good way to increase the value!!!!!c63

Posted on: 8/26 22:36:11

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page