Re: Mandatory Boat Wash - Lastest news
LSF Member
Quote:

chris63 wrote:
Quote:

IronDioPriest wrote:
Quote:

chris63 wrote:
Just because a "study"is posted on the net doesn't mean it's true.Look into who conducted and posted the "study".Property "values" in general have been rising around 3to8 percent annually (depending on the location)for a number of years now.(More tax base eh??????)To state that AIS is somehow responsible for the property value increase is simply inaccurate.c63

That would be a valid observation - unless property values increased on lakes with zeebs at a higher rate than similar lakes in the same region without zeebs. In that case, the study would absolutely show what it's alleged to show.

If the study DOESN'T show that... that is to say, if the study shows property values with or without zeebs rising at the same or similar rate - it would indicate that the claim that zeebs harm property values is a false claim.
Im saying it's not 100 percent the reason the property value went up.Were taxes increased?3 to 8 %possibly????Were there improvements to the property?On and on and on.......I don't think adding AIS to your environment is a good way to increase the value!!!!!c63

Just because you "don't think" it doesn't mean it's not true. I'm more interested in data; in what can be demonstrated; than in someone's gut feeling. And no one made the claim that adding AIS to an environment increased property value. The claim was zeebs specifically. That might be a logical claim, given how zeebs dramatically improve water clarity and vegetation quality everywhere they've infested.

Posted on: 8/27 0:17:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Hey Iron what exactly are you arguing????A poster did state that Zeebs are directly affecting a property value to rise.Im saying that it is more likely other factors has caused the lake property value to change.For a Smallmouth guy yes he may pay more for a property where the water clarity has improved thus improving the Bass habitat.To each their own.As of now the Sylvia/Twin lake assy./Wright county board can propose what they feel is good for the lake(s).At the end of the day the Dnr will have the final say on what the rest of us have to do to use the state owned facilities to get on these bodies of water.This may not be what you want to hear but it is what it is!c63

Posted on: 8/27 2:10:20

LSF Member
Quote:

chris63 wrote:
Hey Iron what exactly are you arguing????A poster did state that Zeebs are directly affecting a property value to rise.Im saying that it is more likely other factors has caused the lake property value to change.For a Smallmouth guy yes he may pay more for a property where the water clarity has improved thus improving the Bass habitat.To each their own.As of now the Sylvia/Twin lake assy./Wright county board can propose what they feel is good for the lake(s).At the end of the day the Dnr will have the final say on what the rest of us have to do to use the state owned facilities to get on these bodies of water.This may not be what you want to hear but it is what it is!c63

You're saying it's more likely other factors caused the property value to rise... based on WHAT? You're relating your gut feeling in response to a study. On the one hand, a fella posts a study showing that the presence of zeebs increases lakeshore property values, and on the other hand, we have you saying, "Nuh-uh, I don't think so." I'm saying that if I'm choosing which opinion to lend credibility to, I'll go with the study over your gut feeling that it's "other factors", especially when you offer nothing substantive to support your gut feeling.

Posted on: 8/27 8:30:25

LSF Member
First of all nobody has posted a "study"on line that I can find about property values increasing due to invasives.(Only decreasing value studies).WHAT study?Where is the data?There are a few newspaper articles about this very topic.A students research paper hardly a viable reason/cause to say that our property sold for more is because there are Invasive muscles in the lake which causes the lakes to secchi disk reading to dramatically rise.Again, in order to capture more tax base we raise the property values.BTW,gut feelings and hunches are sometimes more accurate than scientific/research findings.(Are we trying to continue funding or keep our positions or are we really trying to help protect and keep our environment for later generations????????c63

Posted on: 8/27 20:52:45

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
Last day to write in comments today, get em in!

Your lake may not be on this list, but remember this is a pilot.

In the handouts, it says they want to expand it to other lakes in the county after the pilot goes thru!!

Posted on: 8/28 8:24:32

LSF Member

Posted on: 8/28 10:36:17

LSF Member
For some reason that last post won't show up. I post, it's gone, I go in to edit, and there's no text. Weird.

Posted on: 8/28 19:23:42

LSF Member
Any one have the letters to the editor from the Annandale paper on the AIS mess. I don't think I'll get up that way till next week thanks

Posted on: 9/5 18:43:06

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
I got an email update from the county today. It said the proposal was updated and submitted to the DNR on 8/30. Just thought I would share.

It had this link in it of the proposal and FAQs:
http://wrightswcd.org/Water_Management/wrip.html

Not sure exactly what changed, but I did notice it says you have to go to the station for a mandatory inspection and if necessary a boat wash. Can't remember if that is how it read before.

It also mentions more clearly that this is just a pilot and the plan is to include more lakes into this plan. I don't think that was as clear in their early proposal.

Posted on: 9/6 14:48:59

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page