Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: What's with all the new portables, I want a floor!
LSF Member
From Plato, MN
Quote:

gonehunting wrote:
Check our the PolarBird thermal hub shelters. They have some type of floor. A lot of people leaving good reviews on them.

These look pretty nice too, and the price seems pretty good for what you get. Would be interesting to see how that floor would hold up over time

Posted on: 8/20 8:28:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Plato, MN
Quote:

sunniewally wrote:
Don't know how big a house you want but did you ever check out a bay runner by shappell. nice enclosed unit and easy to move to different spots.

I looked at these and they look great but I'm looking for something bigger

Posted on: 8/20 12:57:39

LSF Member
From Saginaw, MN
I have no association with any of the shanty brands, but I bought a Polarbird late last winter on closeout. Never had a chance to use it. but did set it up once. The quality of the product is second to none, Everything is heavy duty and sturdy. The biggest drawbacks people complained about where the windows. To high to watch flags. Another complaint was they do not make a flip-over. My understanding is the new models this year will have better windows. I would not hesitate to purchase again. I've owned all the others and this product line is every bit as good as Otter or better.

Posted on: 8/20 15:52:51

LSF Member
Insulated canvas is TONS better when 20 below or colder with a stiff wind.When the temps r more moderate we sit in the portables without heat and we r fine.(Depends how you r dressed.)When real remote trips (low and /or rainy/canada) we r dressed for a sled ride to begin with so big heat isn't the concern.A small buddy with a 5 pounder will last all day!!!With doors and windows closed you can turn off the heat for periods too!!Some like it 70 to 80 inside but that's to hot for me.I am starting to think ice now!!!!!c63

Posted on: 8/21 18:30:18

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page