Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Any Reports?
LSF Member
Its been strangely quiet on the boards lately... I hope that means that everyone is busy fishing. Anyone have anything to report? I'll be heading up this weekend with some friends from out of town. I'm staying at Red Door so planning on working the north end/flats for muskies and walleye.

Posted on: 8/29 9:23:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Any Reports?
LSF Member
From Shakopee
I agree it sure has been quiet. I am heading up on Monday to bring my Dad to Mille Lacs for his first time on the lake in forty years. We are going to launch out of wealthwood. Good luck and please post a report if you have time.

Posted on: 8/29 9:41:08

LSF Member
From North shore of Mille Lacs
Water temp is 68 degrees, give or take on sunny days like today it might be a couple degrees warmer on the surface. Walleye bite is very strong for this time of year and the forage is abundant. The fish are fat and scattered, but the biomass is there and there are many smaller schools off the edges of rock breaks and flats.
Huge smallies are being caught on the deeper rock structures where the crayfish are molting.
Muskies and large northerns are being picked off in good numbers off the shallow breaks.

Attach file:

jpg  TAVF 1740.jpg (58.01 KB)
18706_59a58023a1c9e.jpg 720X960 px

Posted on: 8/29 9:52:46

LSF Member
Thanks for the info. I will post my results. I just read that the walleye season is closing again Monday night so I won't have to censor my report.

Posted on: 8/31 11:00:45

LSF Member
So I fished out of Red Door on Saturday and Sunday with limited results. Water temps were 67-68 and fished the flats. I tried trolling cranks on lead core and rigging with crawlers and only caught about 2 fish each day. Missed quite a few fish that were hitting short on the crawlers too. Tried opening the spool and didn't seem to help much. Did catch one fish on slip bobber with a "jumbo" 1 inch leech around dusk. Everyone else I talked to did about the same... pretty slow. I spent about 1/3 of the weekend chasing muskies but nothing to show for that... pretty much standard. :)

Posted on: 9/5 10:53:03

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page