Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Big Sand Lake
LSF Member
From Becker/Park Rapids
Have a lake lot on this lake but have not fished it but twice. Looking to hunt for some walleye. How is the population? Any tips is appreciated. Promise, I will not fish the lake out. :) Two fish for the pan and the rest go back!

Posted on: 8/29 22:09:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Big Sand Lake
LSF Member
It's a solid walleye lake, but since it's so clear, fishing at low light and at night is best. It's been a number of years since I've fished there, but I've had some good success with slip bobbers at night with a jig and leech, off the edges of edges of some of the bars and humps. Downside is the lake is full of bait stealing rock bass. The smallmouth are good size and very fun out there too.

Keep in mind there is a slot on the lake:
Walleye: All from 20-28" must be immediately released. One over 28" allowed in possession.

Posted on: 8/31 7:21:21

Re: Big Sand Lake
LSF Member
From Becker/Park Rapids
Perfect and thanks for the info. The lake is extremely clear. I love the slot limit. It kills me to see 25" walleye coming into the fish cleaning shack on Lake of the Woods. That is just my opinion and if the regulations allow you can do what you need to do but not this guy.

Posted on: 9/13 21:43:44

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page