Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Shotgun recommendations?
LSF Member
From Ramsey/St. Cloud
I bought a benelli m2 last year and I love it. Last year I was living in a bird hunter's paradise out in MT and it help up to the test. I went through 3 cases of waterfowl load and 2 cases of upland load without a malfunction.

Posted on: 9/5 18:53:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Go with the Beretta A400. It is an awesome gun!

Posted on: 9/6 7:24:04

LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
Thanks a bunch for all the feedback! I'm gonna stop and shoulder these guns either tomorrow or Friday and make a decision.

Posted on: 9/6 11:23:58

LSF Member
From central mn
Eric,don't worry about gun fit off the rack,off the rack these shotguns will fit and feel different for every shooter that shoulder's one,plus going in with a t-shirt and shouldering a shotgun is a whole different deal come fall when you have heavy cloths on,you can tweak fit as needed with the tools supplied or have a pro do=it for ya,they come with shims for "LOP" (length of pull) shims for cast/cant plus you can upgrade the recoil pad to an aftermarket pad to lighten the recoil of your 3.5's if needed.

Curious what you'll land on.

Posted on: 9/6 11:58:52

LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
Thanks snow. I'm leaning towards Benelli, but will look at the others to. I know they also have the A400 on the rack so I'll check that out as well.

Went out today and used my dad's Benelli Legacy. Man what a gun that is! Got my limit too.

Posted on: 9/6 21:41:36

LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
Well, I gave great consideration to a few guns they had. Looked at the A400, the A5, the Ethos, Super Vinci, SBE3, and the M2. And I went with the M2. I love the engraved guns, but I really wanted the camo pattern that was available on the M2 they had and it was a little under the price mark that I set for myself.

Looking forward to getting to the shooting range and patterning the gun. Really looking forward to downing some birds with it!

Once again, thanks to all for the feedback!

Posted on: 9/7 19:36:06

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Congrats Eric! Have fun shooting

Posted on: 9/7 19:42:56

LSF Member
From central mn
Sweet Eric,gave up on the 3.5ammo eh? Not a bad call,the m2 like the sbe's are easy to break down,I recommend you not use "rem oil" when you clean your new baby up,turns to honey in cold weather,found a great product called "Mpro7",just a dab on the action and feeder lever axis and your good to go.Check it out.

Posted on: 9/8 10:48:00

LSF Member
From Southcentral, MN
Yeah I used to shoot the 3.5" but it gave me headaches, plus the bigger kick threw me off target a lot more. Just shoot all 3" now and carry a few 2.75's for kill shots if needs be.

MPro7..... is this the stuff you're talking about?

Attach file:

jpg  412np6C6kqL._SY400_.jpg (18.93 KB)
3718_59b30c7cc2708.jpg 400X400 px

Posted on: 9/8 16:32:50

LSF Member
From central mn
Yup,absolutly the best for semi's,doesn't build residue like graphite,cleans the action as you shoot.Military tested in 130 degree heat ad also in sub zero temps.

Posted on: 9/11 11:26:49

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page