Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Rattle reel line
LSF Member
From New Prague
Wondering what you guys are spooling your rattle reels with? Typically I have used the plastic coated line and then a flouro leader on the end of that but I am having trouble finding any of the plastic line that I used to use.

Thanks

Posted on: 9/5 15:04:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Rattle reel line
Pro Staff
From Fosston, Mn
look for sinking fly line online, there are a few places you can get it for pretty cheap.

Posted on: 9/5 15:15:41

LSF Member
From Hastings/Remer, MN
yup, fly line. JR's tackle sells it.

Posted on: 9/6 8:49:19
IBOT #286

If guns kill people, can I blame my pen for my mistakes?

LSF Member
Tons of cheap sinking fly line on eBay as well. The more expensive stuff is expensive due to the precision needed to create the proper tapers to make it easier to cast. This obviously isn't a concern if you're using it on a rattle reel.

You'd want a level taper line as most fly lines are weight forward (WF). Those marketed as "running lines" will give you what you want. If you do end up with WF, just spool it onto the rattle reel the same way it is spooled onto the reel it arrives on. WF lines have a thicker section near the tip (so closest to the spool it comes on) that helps with casting. You wouldn't want that end near your bait, so you'd want to spool it so it's on the opposite end.

Posted on: 9/6 9:02:47

LSF Member
Plastic coated line shines outside when temps are below zero on a hand line or tip ups.If your above freezing (in fishouse)I like to use cheapie dacron black or green line.Easy to hand line in and with white walls easy to see line movement (during daylight)hours.I use 6 pound mono/fluorocarbon (6 foot or so),swivel and then the lure.Million ways to rig million to present said rig.Think ice have fun!!!!!!!!c63

Posted on: 9/6 9:16:10

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page