Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »

Re: Natives Allowed to hunt Moose again
LSF Member
I have read it. If we can remove outdated laws that made it legal to shoot "war parties of natives" of the books, we could use some common sense and stop wrecking what little is left and make all men equal. White privelage my ass.

Posted on: 9/8 13:11:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Duluth
Like I said,,,66 moose,big deal. I gotta go...

Posted on: 9/8 13:19:56

LSF Member
Quote:

Joehere wrote:

66 moose in a population that can't sustain that much of a loss. Good mindset.
Remember these days common sense is a super power and most don't have it.

Posted on: 9/8 13:34:08

LSF Member
Add those 66 to the numbers that the Wolves take, and it will add up fast when you only have a 3-4K herd to begin with.

Like the DNR's Moose study, where they checked on the collared Moose because it stopped moving. The only think left was some hide, and the collar. DNR's comment? We'll have to investigate this and see if the animal died from disease.

I actually fell to the couch laughing.

Posted on: 9/8 14:09:33

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Quote:

Joehere wrote:

I suppose only a few gill nets in your favorite lake is no big deal either.......

Posted on: 9/8 15:18:39

LSF Member
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

Exactly the point, why should it be legal for them to do so? I have to follow the modern day laws. Highly doubt in 1837 the ran around with a truck and a spot light. My limits for all game have been lowered by law with the advancement of modern equipment. Laws specifically put in place to conserve and preserve.
They brag up they are mother natures conservationist and yet they rape and pillage the land.

Carefull. We start doing or thinking what they did when laws were written, i bet the second amendment wouldn't stand a chance to what is going on now days.

Posted on: 9/8 15:47:16

LSF Member
From andover
I think everyone has had some good points here. At least we are civil with each other because this is a great subject. JoeHere, I understand your points and your view. 66 moose is a big deal. We are talking about a moose population that is not increasing. I think we should make it a protective species if we could at this point.

This is not about some tribe or tribes having right to do something. It is about what is the right thing to do. I want to bring my grandkids up north so they can see these amazing animals along with the rest of the wildlife. I have spent most of my life up north in the Arrowhead area and I have seen the decline in the moose population. Lot of factors why including wolves. Anyone who spends enough time there knows the wolves are out of control. So make the moose the protective species until they get a healthy population and take the wolf off the protective list. They got it ass backwards.

This is different generation in native Americans as I see it in this example. Protectors of nature is no longer the case. I can't think of any sane person who loves the outdoors who would want to hurt any species that is already hurting. We all including native Americans want to see our kids and grandkids enjoy hunting and fishing like we had. This type of action doesn't help at all.

Nobody within those tribes is starving, not even close. Get a deer licence and enjoy venison. Hell, there are years I don't get a deer. I really don't care, because I'm up in the wilderness where the population of deer are not as great as in central and southern Minnesota.

What on earth drives someone to willingly hunt a species that should be protected. To me that's not hunting, that is greed. No personal ethics at all. No longer the protector of the wild. Just because you have a right does not make it right. good luck.

Posted on: 9/8 15:56:24

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
Too bad "we"don't confront what initially "happened"to the natives originally in this country.No wonder they don't "care"about a moose or a walleye!Or at least try to get "us"upset about the whole fiasco!!!!Just think if someone came up to you and said,you can't stay here anymore you WILL live here now.Oh yea by the way you WILL teach your children this now.(English and customs)because your ways are savage.If you don't comply we will make an example of you and your family by killing you!These are just a snippet of what went on!!!!c63

Posted on: 9/8 18:03:19

LSF Member
From andover
Non of us living now are responsible for what happened in the past. We learn from the past never to repeat it again OK. No excuse for this hunt however. What has the past to do with with today? You can relive many things that happened in the past. We learn from those events. This is common sense and ethical practice not about what happend many years ago. good luck.

Posted on: 9/8 19:14:11

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
From Duluth
There are 3 different species of moose,the Shirus,Alaskan,Canadian. Canadian moose is what I have hunted in Minnesota and Canada. As far as I know their numbers are no where near being an endangered species, so the species at this point is still hunted to the north.
As much as one agrees or disagree that the moose population is in trouble,moose are the sideshow, it's people who refuse to accept each other's different cultures,histories,politics etc,,,to not include this into the conversation to me anyway,keeps everything at a loggerhead,with plenty of.
If I was to hunt moose again it would be in Canada,sooner rather than later,last I heard it's tightening up,there too.
In the big picture,66 moose,to take or not to take is an opinion,and there's lots of them.

Posted on: 9/8 19:35:41

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page