Re: Natives Allowed to hunt Moose again
LSF Member
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Quote:

pulleye16 wrote:
Just got back from Cub. Just picked me up 2 packages of Red Lake Walleye for $9.99/ea...way cheaper than driving up to LOTW. Plus I support I supported a MN business.

To be honest, I hope they sell Moose meat as I love the stuff but can never afford to hunt it.

Wouldn't a MN business have to pay taxes and abide by state laws? I think you got conned.

Sovereign nation might get away with it.

Pulleye shame on you. First you paid to fix the lake and now you pay to for the fish out of it. Fools... whole state is fools. Grow a damn spine and speak your mind and don't get worried about being a racist cause all white people are in a minority's eyes anyways.

Wait...I paid for restocking? Sure about that? How many walleyes do the red lake tribes put in the lake each year? They do have their own fish management you know that releases fry. In fact, they had commercial fisheries (netting)out of red lake since early 1900's...yet it wasn't until the late 90's the walleye collapse? Hmmmmmmm...wonder what happened? Hmmmmmm? So if they've been netting since early 1900's and crash was '90's...

Posted on: 9/7 20:18:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

pulleye16 wrote:
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Quote:

pulleye16 wrote:
Just got back from Cub. Just picked me up 2 packages of Red Lake Walleye for $9.99/ea...way cheaper than driving up to LOTW. Plus I support I supported a MN business.

To be honest, I hope they sell Moose meat as I love the stuff but can never afford to hunt it.

Wouldn't a MN business have to pay taxes and abide by state laws? I think you got conned.

Pulleye shame on you. First you paid to fix the lake and now you pay to for the fish out of it. Fools... whole state is fools. Grow a damn spine and speak your mind and don't get worried about being a racist cause all white people are in a minority's eyes anyways.

Wait...I paid for restocking? Sure about that? How many walleyes do the red lake tribes put in the lake each year? They do have their own fish management you know that releases fry. In fact, they had commercial fisheries (netting)out of red lake since early 1900's...yet it wasn't until the late 90's the walleye collapse? Hmmmmmmm...wonder what happened? Hmmmmmm? So if they've been netting since early 1900's and crash was '90's...

The crash from them over harvesting and illegally pedaling them on road sides I am sure had nothing to do with it.

Posted on: 9/8 5:26:40

LSF Member
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

pulleye16 wrote:
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Quote:

pulleye16 wrote:

The crash from them over harvesting and illegally pedaling them on road sides I am sure had nothing to do with it.

As I'm sure neither did the thousands and thousands of fisherman, resorts and guides pounding them and giving them to friends and family members.

If you'd do some research and find out when GPS really took off and became available to the inland market, you'll see why larger lakes suddenly took a hit...and it'll show in the 90's!

Posted on: 9/8 8:24:00

LSF Member
Quote:

pulleye16 wrote:
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

pulleye16 wrote:
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Quote:

pulleye16 wrote:

As I'm sure neither did the thousands and thousands of fisherman, resorts and guides pounding them and giving them to friends and family members.

If you'd do some research and find out when GPS really took off and became available to the inland market, you'll see why larger lakes suddenly took a hit...and it'll show in the 90's!

I would guess the natives count every fish that comes out of the lake too? Kinda like how they block off a public access on a lake and don't want you to see what they are doing every spring. Rape and pillage enough said.

Posted on: 9/8 8:37:30

LSF Member
From Duluth
And I don't think the harvest of 66(possibly),moose is going to throw the population into any more of a tailspin than it already is.
Politics is politics with fish and game politics,,,,same same.
This is about moose. Thanks

Posted on: 9/8 10:05:57

LSF Member
From central mn
I've seen how the red lake natives hunt big game,road side ditches are cut back and down late summer,they build a elevated plate form and mount a spot light for shinning in the pickup bed,locals said they don't take critters unless along the roads,kinda unnerving driving up along the upper red at night and come across these guyz and they turn the light on ya,that said if they come to Mn to hunt moose this way I douibt they'll take many,just come here in spite because they can just like gill netting.

Posted on: 9/8 10:57:01

LSF Member
From Duluth
Big deal,there's poachers that hunt out of trucks with lights many places in this fine nation and it's not Native American people. Except for the few native Americans for whatever reason it is legal to do so. Poachers are everywhere not just in Minnesota or on a reservation.
Just like any other people,we all choose methods of take,legal or not.
We can have a moose hunt in Minnesota,but annually the DNR has decided not to. Why? I don't know for sure, but none the less, the damage is already done,be it wolves,habitat,to much growth,climate,,,,,
My thought is them moose ain't coming back. That's why we are seeing elk heard planning.

Posted on: 9/8 12:08:13

LSF Member
From central mn
I guess I should've pointed out that this method of hunting on the rez is legal,sorry for the confusion.

Posted on: 9/8 12:11:40

LSF Member
Quote:

Joehere wrote:
Big deal,there's poachers that hunt out of trucks with lights many places in this fine nation and it's not Native American people. Except for the few native Americans for whatever reason it is legal to do so. Poachers are everywhere not just in Minnesota or on a reservation.
Just like any other people,we all choose methods of take,legal or not.
We can have a moose hunt in Minnesota,but annually the DNR has decided not to. Why? I don't know for sure, but none the less, the damage is already done,be it wolves,habitat,to much growth,climate,,,,,
My thought is them moose ain't coming back. That's why we are seeing elk heard planning.

Exactly the point, why should it be legal for them to do so? I have to follow the modern day laws. Highly doubt in 1837 the ran around with a truck and a spot light. My limits for all game have been lowered by law with the advancement of modern equipment. Laws specifically put in place to conserve and preserve.
They brag up they are mother natures conservationist and yet they rape and pillage the land.

Posted on: 9/8 12:18:34

LSF Member
From Duluth
Rape and Pillage,,,c'mon,,,, by the sheer lack of numbers,conservatively we probably out harvest em 2 to 1. With the technology today fish or game don't stand a chance anywhere if you're good at your chosen endeavor be it fish or game. I don't think Custer had a gps or checked his game cam either.
I'm grateful for the laws,regs, and conservation personnel on both sides,something working, it's never gonna be what it was,we're a dying breed.As long as you want to keep it "us and them" ,that is your choice.
Read back a little farther than 1837,study it, the picture might become a little clearer.

Posted on: 9/8 12:50:03

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 10 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page