Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Lockport 9/5 to 9/6
LSF Member
From walker
Just returned from our annual cat trip. Best yet! approx. 85 cats, approx. #1600 to #1700 of fighting kitties. Most under floats, does not get any more fun then that. Also a lot of fun to visit and talk to Stu McKay. I only seem to be able to post one pic at a time? Those of you that have fished this portion of the Red know what I mean, when you are all beat up and exhausted at the end of the day.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_0104.JPG (4,666.80 KB)
1789_59b213516cc0b.jpg 5184X3888 px

Posted on: 9/7 22:49:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Lockport 9/5 to 9/6
LSF Member
From Grand Forks
18.8 - 20 pound average? wow!

Posted on: 9/8 11:25:47

Pro Staff
From Grand Forks, North Dakota
Looks like fun. I was supposed to be up there this weekend but a scheduling conflict got in the way. When she is rolling it can't be beat.

I never know what our average weights are any more because we dump the fish and get bait back in the water going for numbers. After a while the photos all look the same.

Posted on: 9/8 13:47:30
Catfish University

LSF Member
From walker
Same for us, we unhook fish in the net, then release, have caught enough over the years to be pretty accurate on the weights, occasionally weigh a big one, the fish on these days ran from maybe 8# to numerous#20 to#26 with one #28, pictures do look the same I get it. It is the trip I look forward to every year. Had my first taste of cats at the Drayton Dam and got hooked. Bigger average at Lockport, minus the sometimes "stink" at Drayton from the sugar plant, that can be bad, has that changed?

Posted on: 9/8 14:02:21

Pro Staff
From Grand Forks, North Dakota
I would debate the Drayton comment sometimes as I have had many days in the past two years where Drayton would rival or beat Lockport but the shot at that 30 just is not there. All in all the Red River is truly something special.

Posted on: 9/8 16:11:02
Catfish University

LSF Member
From Fargo, ND
Lockport is pretty amazing. I am just starting to edit down video from our trip in early June.

The Thursday evening we got there, we fished for 4 hours. We boated 60 fish with three guys. They averaged well above 20lbs with our biggest at 27lb 11oz.

Here is a raw clip of one of our bigger fish. This is only 3 minutes, and I have not edited it down yet. Or bleeped the filth, so I apologize in advance.

https://youtu.be/B5_CWQuGzZI

Posted on: 9/10 19:30:47

Staff Team
Brad or anyone else, I am making Lockport a yearly tradition starting in 2018. What would be the best part of the year to make plans for this. I know our Buddy Jim says September 15 or so but just wanted to ask other members their favorite time of year to head up there. I have not talked to Jim for a while but will contact him and get his latest opinion on best dates to head up. I will be retired so hmmmmmm, maybe head up when they are biting lol.................Kirk

Posted on: 9/19 12:58:09

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Quote:

shefland wrote:
Same for us, we unhook fish in the net, then release, have caught enough over the years to be pretty accurate on the weights, occasionally weigh a big one, the fish on these days ran from maybe 8# to numerous#20 to#26 with one #28, pictures do look the same I get it. It is the trip I look forward to every year. Had my first taste of cats at the Drayton Dam and got hooked. Bigger average at Lockport, minus the sometimes "stink" at Drayton from the sugar plant, that can be bad, has that changed?

I'm hoping to fill the freezer on the sauger run. When does that usually happen?

Posted on: 9/19 13:35:02

LSF Member
From walker
We go the Tuesday after labor day, always have done well, this year exceptional. Have gone around the 15th also very good. Also done well in June! what a place. I think by the end of Sept it simmers down, but I am no expert.Haven't seen Jim for a few years,I imagine you mean Canuck

Posted on: 9/19 14:48:05

Staff Team
Thank you Shefland for your input and last time I was up was around Sept 15 and like always it can be hit or even better up in that great river. Just going to play it by ear but will be up every year if the good lord willing............Kirk

Posted on: 9/20 13:50:04

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page