Re: Stolen items
LSF Member
From Walker, MN
I would look into this. https://ring.com/ Good system Bastards

Posted on: 9/15 17:08:25

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
Thanks for that link Bob. I will certainly look into that as an option.

Posted on: 9/15 17:49:47

LSF Member
From Duluth
Hopefully you'll recover some of your gear HB, thieves ripped off Marine General of 3000 stick baits this week also,he's good people too. Rat bxxxxrds.

Posted on: 9/15 18:22:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Staff Team
Quick update...the criminal investigation has yielded no updates as of yet. I was told their were 3 other break ins that night in Monticello, all related to fishing items. One of the victims lives out of town back in the woods down a long driveway and had 3 HDS 10 units taken off his boat. Real prick move by those involved as they cut the power cords and took the heads instead of simply disconnecting.

Insurance came through and will cover all loses which is extremely fortunate. Funny to look at graphs after seeing what I paid for my HDS 5 gen 2 seven years back. Cost me $825 dollars for that unit back then and I picked up a new HDS 7 gen 3 for $700. Got another hotmaps platinum chip and I pilot remote yesterday evening. I'll head to Cabelas Saturday to piece together what is in stock of the rest. Whatever is left I will be ordering online. It's a bum deal but, luckily due to insurance I'll be going around in style for a while with all new tackle, rods, reels, electronics and a new lazer pro mag once the water turns solid. Still gonna miss some of that old gear as it held lots of memories but as they say, there's a silver lining to everything.

Posted on: 9/29 11:49:38

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Sweet you are getting all new gear! Still sucks some low life's stole the stuff you work hard for. Glad you are keeping a positive attitude, it would be tough for me to do that.

Posted on: 9/29 12:01:32

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Good to hear you are covered.

Posted on: 9/29 15:40:57

Staff Team
First I have read and sorry I missed this thread. Man that has to suck losing that much of your hard earned equipment but things like that happen and I am glad maybe in the long run you will be happy with your new gear. I have some cranks and extra fishing gear if you ever want to come to the house and go through them, your more than welcome anytime my friend..............Kirk

Posted on: 9/29 17:11:36

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

Staff Team
That's a great gesture Kirk and I do appreciate it. Your heck of a friend to offer and I wouldn't expect any less from you. If things go pear shaped I'd be happy take you up on that.

Posted on: 9/29 18:57:03

LSF Member
From Fargo
Super glad to hear you were smart and had insurance. Definitely sad to happen to a stand up outdoorsman like yourself! Hopefully they catch these bastards.

Posted on: 9/30 14:19:34

Staff Team
So sorry to hear of this Highbreeze.

I too, will keep an eye out for any suspicious equipment emerging in the marketplace.

This really pisses me off when I hear of this type of crap.

Posted on: 10/1 7:38:16

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page