Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Current water temps?
LSF Member
From Maple grove
Anyone out on the deeper Alexandria lakes recently? Looking to see what the current surface temps are... Hopefully that walleye bite gets going shortly!!

Posted on: 2017/9/19 11:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Current water temps?
LSF Member
From Sauk Rapids, MN
The warm weather has put things back a bunch.

Gull Lake in Brainerd, MN was 66F last Sunday----warming up 5deg from the previous week.

Middle of next week looks like the start of the cool down...I don't get too excited until the water drops below 58F and the lakes have turned over.

Posted on: 2017/9/19 11:20
#10 Test World Record Holder. Muskie 57" RELEASED!

NHRA Super Stock Drag Racing---because all other sports require only 1 ball.

www.oldhabitsracing.com

LSF Member
From Maple grove
I have heard in the past that the turnover can spread fish out everywhere in the lake so right before turnover could stack them shallow. Is this your experience also?

Posted on: 2017/9/19 11:42

Staff Team
From Annandale
They'll scatter everywhere during and a good week after turnover. Waters nasty and filed with debris and you can't mistake the smell. I like to look deep around a week after as the most oxygenated water in the system is down in those deeper depths. As things mellow out I'll get back to that 4' - 10' range and look for any remaining green vegetation. It's not uncommon to see fish in 45+ FOW after the turn. You just have to be cautious and bring them up as slow as possible. You may tend to lose a lot of fish bringing them up but it's best for the fishery.

Posted on: 2017/9/19 12:14

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page