Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Wolf count up
LSF Member
From Duluth
Wolf count up 25% in Minnesota,,,word is they fluctuated with deer herds and lack of hunting. Still would like to see a season.

Posted on: 9/25 13:56:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Wolf count up
LSF Member
I want to see a wolf season too!c63

Posted on: 9/25 14:37:17

LSF Member
From St. Paul, Hackensack-Longville-Leech
Quote:

Joehere wrote:
Wolf count up 25% in Minnesota,,,word is they fluctuated with deer herds and lack of hunting. Still would like to see a season.

saw this article....dont expect a season anytime soon. Wolves are still federally protected and there is no bill currently in the works to change this. A month or so ago a bill that had made it's way through house reps and senate but ultimately stalled after change of POTUS. I am sure another one will get introduced but if you followed the last process it took about 2 years of work to not happen. I believe our MN DNR was even ready to propose a season for this winter if it had been passed through.

Moral of the story lets your state reps know anytime/way you can...

Posted on: 9/25 15:16:56

LSF Member
From East Bethel
I was at my place up by Blackduck earlier this summer and the coyotes were howling nightly. Later on this summer it was wolves we were hearing...and absence of deer...

Posted on: 9/25 16:48:35

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Scary wolf encounter. Dog is very lucky. I can't believe this guy kept hunting after this, I would have called it a day, gone home and given my dog a bone, his kong, then grilled him a steak.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/outdoors/4334715-hunter-has-harrowing-encounter-wolves-near-isabella

Posted on: 9/28 1:34:05

LSF Member
From Duluth
Keep my dog close when hunting and even the yard at deer camp,but they come up close nowadays,,,that pup in the article was one "lucky" dog.

Posted on: 9/28 6:13:00

LSF Member
As I mentioned in some earlier posts awhile back , a lot of our wolves are not pure bred grey wolves , they have some coyote DNA in them , it may be a very small amount , but none the less , that makes them not 100% pure grey wolf . The grey wolf is so federally protected , but a wolf that's not 100% grey wolf DNA should not be a protected animal. We need to challenge our DNR classification of what is a wolf , and what is a coyote.. The grouse hunter who witnessed his dog being chased should of wasted that wolf , it doesn't get any more clear that that was a bad situation for his dog , his children , and himself . Our DNR and there counts of wolves is so full of BS !! Just the amount of different wolves we get on our trail cam pics alone is a staggering amount , and thats just us on our property . All the people that get pics these days , and have there own stories of wolfs seen , tracks , scat ,the 2800 number just does not add up , it's a big crock of crap ...

Posted on: 9/28 7:15:23

LSF Member
From andover
Was fishing up at Boulder Lake yesterday. I have seen a few wolves while deer hunting over the years but as most of you know wolves are very shy of humans for the most part. However yesterday I saw more wolves in one day that I have seen in years.

Seen one lone wolf walking on the edge of some brush while driving on Midway Road of all things. Big and healthy looking. Also seen 5 with my brother on the lake walking the shoreline while drifting. Don't know if that's some kind of proof, more likely by chance. However I know from the years I have hunted deer, every year, [the 60's till present except 3 years in the Army] that I have not noticed any fall in their population. From tracks to hearing them during the day and night and from some actual sightings from loners to packs. Bring the hunt on. Not to eliminate them but to control them. good luck

Posted on: 9/28 9:00:03

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
From Duluth/Waskish
Gotta throw a little correction in Reinhard...

"but as most of you know wolves are very shy of humans for the most part"

I sure would have agreed with this a few years ago, but no more. WAY too many of the wolves I've seen, or close friends have seen, just don't fit the mold anymore. And that's the # 1 problem in my mind. Gotta put the fear of man back in them, and soon.

Posted on: 10/9 18:45:29

LSF Member
From Minnesota
They don't need a fear of man, they need a fear of a piece of lead.

Posted on: 10/9 21:43:47

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page