Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 3 »

Well Wright county got there way
LSF Member
Wright county was approved for the mandatory boat wash for the 3 proposed lakes. I guess money and political pressure wins. At this time it will only be enforced by wright county not DNR. I think we all better send some emails and phone calls. Apparently there was little opposition from anglers BULL, is what they are saying. It was in Outdoor News. I guess Annandale can do without my money.

Posted on: 10/2 10:52:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Well Wright county got there way
LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
Do you have a link to the story? I haven't seen anything on the Wright County website. Other than there is a board meeting tonight and that is one of the topics.

Posted on: 10/2 11:29:46

LSF Member
From glencoe
what lakes?

Posted on: 10/2 12:55:42

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
The Pilot is for Sylvia, John and Pleasant. It it goes well for those 3, then they want to expand it to other lakes in the county.

After talking to County People and Lake Assoc people, there is no concern on how this affects boaters. At least that is the vibe I got.

Heres a link to the final proposal: http://www.wrightswcd.org/Water_Management/wrip.html

Posted on: 10/2 13:14:46

LSF Member
LOL, So all docks and boat lifts need to be inspected...Let's see how many lakeshore owners get that done!

Wait until mid July when every lake shore owner has their docks out and call the DNR to check for their certificates. I bet 90% of them pay fines!

Posted on: 10/2 13:34:28

LSF Member
I wish I had a link It was in the Outdoor news weekly I did try to find more online but no luck. I sure don't like the way this is heading. They did say they were not interested in any other lakes we will see.

Posted on: 10/2 15:28:52

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
According to the video of the wright county board meeting where it was approved the DNR approved a pilot trial for the rest of 2017 for the three lakes(Sylvia, John, Pleasant). They have to reapply with a plan for 2018. My observations are they have a lot of things to figure out yet. The DNR removed themselves from enforcing the wright ordinance. In watching the video the sheriffs dept wasn't excited about having to enforce it. Also they have to figure out how to satisfy the benchmark of time spent for inspections suggested by the DNR.

Posted on: 10/2 18:21:53

LSF Member
Is this video on u tube by chance?

Posted on: 10/2 18:50:41

LSF Member
What better way for the local land owners to reduce boat traffic on Their Lake.

Posted on: 10/2 18:57:47

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
http://www.co.wright.mn.us/AgendaCenter/County-Board-1

The meeting I referenced is sept 19th. I haven't watched the 26th yet.

Posted on: 10/2 21:30:16

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page