Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Well Wright county got there way
LSF Member
One thing to do would be to call and/or write Annandale businesses and tell them point blank: this policy stands, then my business does not come to your town - end of story. Let the lake associations deal with the wrath of local retailers losing revenue because of their selfish shortsightedness.

It is well and good to let the Annandale retailer revenue chips fall where they may when people stop going there. It is another thing entirely to hit those businesses with waves of phone calls and emails and warning them in advance that they are going to suffer financial loss because of those associations.

Posted on: 10/3 1:27:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From glencoe
What better way for the local land owners to reduce boat traffic on Their Lake.

You got that right! Money talks!!

Posted on: 10/3 6:43:24

LSF Member
Well I left a message with Tom Landwehr. Called Alisha at Wright county Water and Soil had to leave messages. I also called Annandale city hall told them they can do with out my money in there town. Any one else I should call? This sure has my blood boiling I did find out it takes affect on Oct. 11. Wow no one fishing hardly they will call it a success isn't that great. Lets try it on opener see how it goes. Hope it's chaos.

Posted on: 10/3 11:19:33

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
I'd like to see how many people actually know this goes into effect next Wednesday. If this wasn't posted here on LSF I would have not known. It's not as if this has been public broadcast across the state. Wait till you see how many upset boaters are turned away at the access next weekend because they had no prior knowledge of this ruling. What an absolute joke.

Posted on: 10/3 11:29:30

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
Gee, It's nice to have some notice for something that will buy you $1,000 fine...

Posted on: 10/3 11:41:46

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
They should at least hand out just warnings for the first few weeks.

This whole thing is ridiculous. Makes me want to get a totally obnoxiously loud boat and go to these lakes over and over just buzzing the shoreline not stop. Stupid lake associations.

Posted on: 10/3 12:15:01

Field Staff
From Clearwater\Kimberly
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
They should at least hand out just warnings for the first few weeks.

This whole thing is ridiculous. Makes me want to get a totally obnoxiously loud boat and go to these lakes over and over just buzzing the shoreline not stop. Stupid lake associations.

There will be a warning period for this. $1000 fine and or misdemeanor is alittle steep in my opinion, and flat out rediculous ( you can get away with poaching/double tripping for alot less then that!!!), but unfortunately you can bet your rear end you wont make the mistake. I know i wont cause I won't be fishing those lakes in the summer. This is just the start fellas its gonna be state wide in a few years i bet. The lake associations are crying state wide right now for something to be done, and have been for along time. They are gaining power way faster then the anglers are. I read 100 pages of the 750 pages of comments that were sent into the dnr from the public, and 90% were for it. I was done reading after that. Made me wanna puke.

Posted on: 10/3 13:49:22

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
Talking with the county(Alicia), they are advertising thru papers, at the landings and their website. Would be nice if it got on to the DNR website News feed, but not sure if that will happen.

Also, like Retro said, they have to reapply next year. It would also be just for these 3 lakes again from what she said. So no new lakes would be able to be added at that point.

Posted on: 10/4 8:29:18

LSF Member
My family enjoys camping in the Annandale area, we usually spend one weekend a month during the camping season. Not anymore. I know the lakes that I usually stay at are not included in this but I like to be able to fish the lakes that are. I will find a different place to spend my money that welcomes tourism.

Posted on: 10/4 9:08:00

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
If, and that's a big if, this was to ever get proposed as a state wide requirement the DNR would be the front runners to shut the program down. I'd have to imagine, somewhere in the 50% range of license holders, maybe even higher, fish a handful of times a year. Some hit the mid summer week vacation, labor, memorial and 4th of July. This inconvenience would have those people selling their boat in a heart beat because it is not worth the trouble and there goes that license revenue. You're talking about a department with financial problems to begin with. Let's say you lose even 10%-20% of your base license sales, and that's in state, let alone out of state sales. It would absolutely devastate them financially. I hope to see this fall right on it's face.

Their is a relatively small percentage of the entire base that has the ability to fish multiple times a week, month, season. Many have families and have to schedule that time to get on the water around family needs, projects, work, travel, etc. If a percentage of those select individuals say to heck with it, it's a downward spiral in a real hurry. This is how things work as we all know. Money is king and right now the lake associations have that leverage but as soon as the money crunch falls on the side of the state DNR, it will fall from its foundation in a real hurry as you will have anglers, boaters, manufacturers, etc... screaming bloody murder about our rights and loss of sales and decreasing profit margins. This is a battle the state doesn't need. You think Mille Lacs has been a messy situation, grab your popcorn to see how this plays out.

Posted on: 10/4 9:33:45

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page