Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Well Wright county got there way
LSF Member
Highbreeze24 I believe your post is the gospel I just hope it wont be to late. My feelings are right with you. I'm having a tough decision right now. I buy almost all my tackle at Little Jim's in Annandale. Do I quit going there? I hate to see one of the last good mom and pop shops go down but where do we draw a line. I love to fish but if I have to be checked each time I think Golf might like good.

Posted on: 10/4 10:03:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Field Staff
From Clearwater\Kimberly
Hb i hope your right as well, but every lake association in the state has watched this unfold, and are now chomping at the bit to get their lake on this program. It will be successful in the due fact that people plain and simple will not go through with the mandatory inspections or decontaminations they will flat out go to the next lake that doesnt have restrictions. I hope the numbers are not skewed in anyway shape or form once they are sent back to the commissioner for review from the county or lake associations.

Posted on: 10/4 12:35:01

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
I bet someone will dump some AIS in there now in spite.

Posted on: 10/4 12:43:39

LSF Member
The problem. Is most of the folks that have property on Sylvia don't even live there fulltime. Just show up on the weekends and tell everyone how to use "there" lake.

This is one of the reasons I got rid of the boat and just ice fish now

Dan

Posted on: 10/4 16:00:01

LSF Member
From Wright County
The fact is that Sylvia(both east and west) and John are already listed by the DNR as infested waters for Eurasian milfoil and zebra mussels.

My question is why are they sending everyone to the inspection station in town BEFORE they go onto the infested lakes and not AFTER ? If this was really about stopping the spread of invasive species wouldn't they be better served to decontaminate the boats after being on infested waters?

That is why I see this as a "stay off of my lake" ordinance that was influenced by money and politics vs true conservation concern

Posted on: 10/5 8:44:44

LSF Member
From St.Michael, New Ulm
Quote:

thunder wrote:
The fact is that Sylvia(both east and west) and John are already listed by the DNR as infested waters for Eurasian milfoil and zebra mussels.

My question is why are they sending everyone to the inspection station in town BEFORE they go onto the infested lakes and not AFTER ? If this was really about stopping the spread of invasive species wouldn't they be better served to decontaminate the boats after being on infested waters?

That is why I see this as a "stay off of my lake" ordinance that was influenced by money and politics vs true conservation concern

This question came up at the meeting. Answer was, this is a pilot to see how this works as far as having one offsite station for multiple lakes. Just to see how it goes I guess. Not the best answer I know.

This pilot is not about stopping AIS on these 3 lakes is what I got out of it. It is to see if this works, so more lakes can be added to the list.

I did ask that several times and yes, if they deem that it works, the main goal is to add more lakes and even go county wide. Also they said if it were to go county wide, more stations would be added. Where, who knows yet.

I do think these 3 lake assocs did volunteer knowing that this will cut down on public use of there lakes.

Posted on: 10/5 10:13:06

Field Staff
From Clearwater\Kimberly
Quote:

thunder wrote:

We've been asking that since the start of all this nonsense. Reason ive been told is its to hard to enforce, and mandate someone to goto an offsite station after they leave said lake.

I then asked why not have it at each access that is infected then?
Lake associations said that this idea was tunred down a few years ago supposedly.

In my opinion you would have way more support from everyone if you had a station at all infected lakes, and was mandated that you go through it before even leaving the launch. Then you could possibly have a offsite inspection site for the non infected lakes.

This whole project upsets me from how they got it passed to how they are running it. I hope it flops!!!

Posted on: 10/5 10:35:02

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
thunder wrote:

I made this a focal point on every email I sent and see that many others have the same mindset. In the words of Larry the Cable Guy "It's like wiping before you poop, it don't make sense".

Posted on: 10/5 11:04:15

LSF Member
OK boys and girls I went to Wright county water and soil web page. There is a survey you can take after you have been inspected and have put your tag in the box at the landing. I plan on going next weekend so I can voice my opinion to let them know what I think about it. Here is my question if someone rips off the box you put your little tag in does that mean I get a thousand dollar fine? there is so many holes in this it drives me nuts but I'm going to get inspected once so I can voice my opinion then I'm thinking of making another community richer with my cash flow. I would suggest you check out the web page for more of there ludicrous info.

Posted on: 10/5 17:07:58

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page