Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Sausage stuffed acorn squash
Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Tonight I made one of our favorite fall meals. Sausage and apple stuffed acorn squash. If you aren't a squash person i can understand, I'm not huge on them but this recipe is pretty dang good.

Cut acorn squashes in half (i usually use 3 for the recipe) through the middle between the tops and bottoms to create 2 bowls, scoop out the seeds. cut just a little off the bottom and top so the bowl sits flat. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with dried sage. Bake at 400 bowl side down for 30 mins and bowl side up until completely tender and browned.

While baking make the stuffing:
1/2 onion diced
3 celery sticks diced
1 roll pork sausage
1-2 apples (I used 2 smaller ones) diced
1/4 cup bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
rosemary
sage

Start frying the sausage chopping as you go (mine is always frozen) when sausage is about 1/2 cooked add onion, celery, apples, rosemary and sage. Cook until sausage is fully browned, add the bread crumbs and some of the cheese and stir. Stuff into squash top with cheese and bake another 20 mins.

Sorry i was so excited to eat I forgot a picture. I make different variations like a spicy one with chorizo sausage for example. Also sorry I don't have quantities for the spices, I don't really measure just dump in to taste.

If you see them acorn squash on sale grab a few and try this out, one of our favorites and make it 2-3x per fall.

Good luck.

Posted on: 2017/10/2 19:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Sausage stuffed acorn squash
Staff Team
From Annandale
Great stuff my man! If you like squash you should try stuffed yellow squash, spaghetti squash or zuchinni. You can roast them, scoop the filling out and and add it back in to a nice meat sauce, chicken Alfredo sauce, cheese steak filling, pulled pork or smoked bbq brisket, put back in the Shell and top with cheese and broil. Makes for a great meal!

Posted on: 2017/10/2 20:09

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Make spaghetti squash ALL the time.

Posted on: 2017/10/3 8:52

LSF Member
From andover
Good stuff Bottlebass!! This sounds very good!! good luck.

Posted on: 2017/10/3 18:46

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page