Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Porcupine Lake??
LSF Member
From Plato, MN
Anyone ever been on Porcupine lake in the Solana State Forest? The DNR has a depth map of the lake and from what I can tell there's a dirt ramp, but there's no fishery survey. Just wondering if there's any fish in it....

Posted on: 2017/10/5 8:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Porcupine Lake??
LSF Member
I'm pretty sure that's the lake my dad fishes from shore when he hunts that forest. Says he catches a few hammer handle pike. He stopped there a couple weeks ago, but said it was too shallow and weedy.

Posted on: 2017/10/5 19:51

Re: Porcupine Lake??
LSF Member
From Plato, MN
Interesting, thanks for the reply. According to the DNR depth map it gets to about 20' deep out in the middle so I thought it might hold some fish. I might give it a whirl sometime if I can get down the forest road, I deer hunt up in that area. I enjoy exploring small lightly fished lakes around the state so I'm always looking at google maps trying to find something new.

Posted on: 2017/10/6 7:48

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page