Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Wright county inspection program
LSF Member
Well got checked today before going to Sylvia. What a joke bunch of rock laid down for a road hard to turn around in. If you don't have a knife to cut the stupid tag off your boat good luck had to use a pliers. I only went so I could fill out a feed back on there website and it was a doosie. Took 40 minutes out of my life. could have been fishing. Any way I did my part.

Posted on: 10/11 12:51:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Wright county inspection program
LSF Member
Im interested in the data for next years usage of the lakes involved with this "pilot project".We will probably see more of this sort of thing in the future.Hard to tell if this will actually help the lakes that are already infested.(NOT).Maybe we should "certify"/decontaminate the watercraft coming out of these lakes instead!!!!!c63

Posted on: 10/11 19:09:39

LSF Member
From oakdale
How was the signage at the lake? I am curious how they are advising people of what is going on at the lake.

Not sure how it could be said that this is not successful? If people don't use the check in station and don't fish those lakes would that be considered a win for the check in station program?

Sure hope this does not come to the east side of the metro.

Posted on: 10/12 12:24:54

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
Quote:

PatrickR wrote:
Not sure how it could be said that this is not successful? If people don't use the check in station and don't fish those lakes would that be considered a win for the check in station program?

It's a win for the Lake Association who don't want you on, what the majority of members consider, "their" lake. That is where this all formed from, the minds of those privileged individuals that want to remain amongst their fellow elite. How dare we suburban commoners feel we deserve free access to "their" resource. Can you imagine the inconvenience of hearing an outboard cruising along while sitting on your deck overlooking the water, enjoying a cup of coffee on a beautiful Sunday morning. It's too much for one to fathom. It's the HOA's and LA's way of saying stay off my lawn but now they have something to point to and use as a backing for their argument. Money talks...period.

Posted on: 10/12 13:12:12

LSF Member
Have all the docks been pulled and inspected? Call the homeowners out on it! It states right in their own laws that all docks and shore stations need to be inspected prior to use...make it a pain for them as well!

Posted on: 10/12 16:17:28

LSF Member
If there is any hope of defeating this, unfortunately they key will be to make it painful for local businesses.

Figure out a way to get the message to local retailers that unless they join the effort to defeat this, their only business is going to come from locals, and there's a chance they could put some pressure on WC on our behalf.

Posted on: 10/12 19:05:29

LSF Member
From oakdale
Quote:

highbeeze24 wrote:
Quote:

PatrickR wrote:

It's a win for the Lake Association who don't want you on, what the majority of members consider, "their" lake. That is where this all formed from, the minds of those privileged individuals that want to remain amongst their fellow elite. How dare we suburban commoners feel we deserve free access to "their" resource. Can you imagine the inconvenience of hearing an outboard cruising along while sitting on your deck overlooking the water, enjoying a cup of coffee on a beautiful Sunday morning. It's too much for one to fathom. It's the HOA's and LA's way of saying stay off my lawn but now they have something to point to and use as a backing for their argument. Money talks...period.

I get all that, my question was not clear it seems. The articles state this is a trial period. I am wondering how they would show it was not successful/versus successful. I have trouble envisioning how they could say it wasn't successful is my point. If nobody uses the inspection site or it is used properly it seems they would say it is successful. Doesn't seem that there could be a way to say it wasn't successful? If they issue tickets they get money too.

Posted on: 10/13 11:33:26

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
That is exactly what a lot of us want to know. Right now there aren't any stated. Out of one side of their mouth they claim this is to test the effectiveness of a regional inspection station versus at each specific lake, out of the other it is to prevent the spread of invasive's. The current design does almost nothing to prevent the spread of invasive species because there are no exit inspections or decon's from lakes already deemed infested except for Pleasant. Also, the current decon protocol of the hot water wash does not prevent the spread of starry stonewart which is present in Sylvia/Twin.

Posted on: 10/13 16:48:08

Staff Team
From Monticello/Paynesville
You're absolutely correct Patrick. Ret-ro hit the nail on the head. We are very much so out of the loop when it comes to the knowing how to read success from failure with the program the way it has been presented and is being executed.

Posted on: 10/13 18:14:15

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page