Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

fall rainy river walleyes
LSF Member
From The shack
Just made reservations for the last weekend in October. I haven't fished the river in 15 years. Anyone have any tips, reports or water conditions. I realize alot can change in a few weeks but just excited to get up there. Anything is very appreciated thanks

Posted on: 10/11 20:13:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: fall rainy river walleyes
LSF Member
From Cedar/Backus
We are headed up this weekend and I can give you a report of what is happening when we get back on Tuesday, I will ask around to see what to expect through the end of the month.

Posted on: 10/12 7:07:35

LSF Member
From The shack
Thanks that would be great

Posted on: 10/12 7:44:23

LSF Member
From Ramsey
We were up two weeks ago and our guide said that the shiners are staging at and in the river. We saw boats fishing in the river itself, but not enough that you'd think it was better than anywhere else. We got ours jigging minnows in anywhere between 20-30 FOW. Those fishing pink or orange and chartreuse outfished the others.

Last year we were up this week and there were more boats fishing the river then - but it was blowing like crazy so some may have been there because they couldn't get on the lake itself.

Posted on: 10/12 9:17:30

LSF Member
From Cedar/Backus
This is what the resort we stayed at and the bait shop told me, the bite will still be good through October but nothing like it has been the last two weeks. The reason the fishing is so hot now is due too the shiners running up the river and the walleye/sauger following the food source, they said to focus on the bigger breaks/drop offs and you should do ok. Our best area was around Wabanica creek, we got fish in depths of 13-29 feet.
Pink gold and chartreuse jigs were our three hot colors, I started to use a stinger hook and it doubled my hooking ability. They were not biting aggressively but more grabbing onto half the shiner. We tried live shiners, live fatheads and the frozen shiners, the frozen shiner out produced the live bait almost 3 to 1. The only thing we can think is the bait gave off more of smell then the live bait.

Posted on: 10/17 7:26:52

LSF Member
Water temp has cooled and the last 5-7 days have slowed down, however, it should be warming up again with the temps yesterday and today and fishing should be lights out again. Was up couple weekends ago went out onto lake one day caught fish but had to sort. River next day 3 people filled out in hour and a half with live shiner and jig with a spinning blade in 15-20ft of water. Water is also a little dirty at the moment so that isn't helping.

Posted on: 10/17 9:11:10

LSF Member
From The shack
Thanks for the info guys! What size jigs where you using? Lots of current? Thanks again

Posted on: 10/17 20:04:44

LSF Member
Depends if your in the river obviously a lot more current there using 3/4 to ounce depending on how well you like to feel bottom. Lake anywhere from 3/8 to half ounce depending on wind.

Posted on: 10/18 8:58:19

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page