Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Plans for 2017/18 season
Staff Team
Very slow in here lately and wanted to ask our members on any certain plans or vacations they are planning this hard water season. For us we do our yearly trip to URL with Bear Paw Guides in early January. I usually try and make a trip up first ice also. I am going to try and do some more tip up fishing around my area and see if I can find some Northerns. Going to make the Sport show but not the ice show again this year. I work weekends and just can't make it to the ice show that runs just weekend.

Let us know some of your trips and make sure you take a lot of pictures and keep us updated on your luck. I hope to have live updates on URL soon................Kirk

Posted on: 10/15 17:19:01

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Plans for 2017/18 season
LSF Member
From Ramsey
I usually fish locally but fall trips the last two years to Lake of the Woods has convinced me that I need to make at least one annual multi-day ice trip to top quality waters.

Also, I usually chase panfish, and I'm sure I'll still spend some of my time doing so this year, but I want to learn how to target walleyes.

So - this year I plan to combine both interests, but I haven't made any specific plans. Lake of the Woods is great, but I'm sure I can get on similar quality fish in places somewhat closer to the north-metro than Baudette.

I have access to my brother's lake place north of Aitkin (Lake Waukenabo) and I don't spend as much time there in the winter as I could. That's a good lake but I've never found great success on the ice there.

I'm fairly well equipped so lodging is really the only issue - but I'm not sure if a guy saves much if anything staying in a hotel as compared to renting a sleeper house.

Thoughts and recommendations about where and how to go?

Posted on: 10/15 20:23:37

Staff Team
From S.E. MN
URL early ice then then southern 1/3 of MN and finishing up on LOTW early March is the plan for this ice season!
Plans tend to change quickly however there is a madness to the plan that is achievable.

Trick

Posted on: 10/16 8:20:28

LSF Member
From Lake Lillian, MN
I've been taking a yearly trip to LOTW with the same 5 guys for the last decade. We're heading up to Fred's Beds Jan 4-7.

This year will be a little different, though, as two guys are expecting kids in January so it will likely only be three of us for the trip.

Posted on: 10/16 10:09:47

LSF Member
From cannon falls
Unfortunately I don't have the time to get out of town with work and plowing on the side I will be fishing the faribault area as usual chasing flags during the day and hitting walleyes in the evening.

Posted on: 10/16 12:02:29

LSF Member
From Perham
We're building a house on McDonald lake this fall/winter, so I'm excited to do a lot of exploring with the kids locally, it should be a really fun time getting to know the lakes in the area.

Posted on: 10/16 12:54:56

LSF Member
Assuming I heal sufficiently from my bypass surgery on Oct. 18. probably go to LOW sometime in Feb. Otherwise, fish Indepndence as usual. Maybe I'm being too optimistic!

Posted on: 10/16 12:55:46

LSF Member
From West Fargo, ND
A couple of my buddies and our dads always hit Mille Lacs early ice for a weekend. Spend the middle part exploring the DL area and late we'll head up to LOW.

Posted on: 10/16 13:45:03

Field Staff
From Waseca
Well after some convincing from the wife and kids. I have decided to keep the Yetti one more season so... I plan to head to URL for early ice for the first time in two years. And at least one trip to LOTW..givin my new employment I get laid off all winter.

As always I go hit all my local walleye spots but plan to venture to some new lakes this season.

Posted on: 10/16 16:43:07

That government is best which governs least.
-Henry David Thoreau

LSF Member
From mora mn
Lotw early ice the miles lacsas many times a week as I can (ussualy 2-3) then possibly Winnipeg again. Did hunt with a guy that lake trout fishing Ontario a good amount and might make a trip there with him. Other than. That some local lakes and always try a few hidden lakes a year to see how they produce

Posted on: 10/16 21:15:38

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page