Re: 2017 Firearms Deer report in
LSF Member
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

Theliens in peirz

Appreciate the recommendation. This may be a stupid question, do they mix the deer or do you get just your own back?

Anytime I take my trimmings in for sausage they weighed it in front of me and put them in an empty tote with my name on it only.
They are a reputable shop and grab a pack of their bacon if you do go.

Posted on: 2017/10/31 17:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

bottlebass wrote:
Quote:

AutumnFever wrote:
Quote:

Theliens in peirz

Appreciate the recommendation. This may be a stupid question, do they mix the deer or do you get just your own back?

Anytime I take my trimmings in for sausage they weighed it in front of me and put them in an empty tote with my name on it only.
They are a reputable shop and grab a pack of their bacon if you do go.

I’ll second them. As with any place, they’ll do their best but you’ll always get some cross contamination. The only slight negative with Thelien is you need to make large batches so pending on how much you have, you get limited options on varieties.

Posted on: 2017/10/31 19:47

LSF Member
From andover
Pulleye is correct. I used to process deer in my garage for 10 years and everyone got their deer back. Larger outfits like the one mentioned have to make larger batches most of the time so there will be meat mixed. But because they weigh each hunters trimmings you are assured to get what you are owed back. Some processer's will tell you that out front and explain to you what to expect back figuring out the trim you bring and the pork fat or beef fat added that will give you your total return on the sausage ordered. good luck.

Posted on: 2017/11/1 8:41

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
I had 15 acres logged last winter. It has been getting used very heavy this fall. With some light snow I'm hoping for a great opener. Been about 5 years since my party has filled out. Best of all no wolf tracks....Good luck to everyone!

Posted on: 2017/11/1 11:25

LSF Member
From Arden Hills
I will be up in the usual spot in 246. The weather is looking mixed but i'll take it over the high temps last year. Good luck everybody and remember safety first.

Posted on: 2017/11/1 11:44

LSF Member
From andover
Oldstar I have also noticed that their were no wolf tracks were I hunt north of Duluth. But there was 9 inches of fresh snow last Friday. We seen a lot of deer tracks Sunday and Monday that were fresh but no moose tracks. good luck.

Posted on: 2017/11/1 15:33

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
Zone 171 for me, with the wolves. First year with food plots in so hopeful for more opportunities.

Posted on: 2017/11/1 20:30

LSF Member
Where abouts in 171? Im in that zone in between Outing and Remer and they're thick this year

Posted on: 2017/11/2 8:33

LSF Member
I'm a 171 guy also and have seen tons of wolves on trail cams but even better, I've seen more deer than I've ever seen!

I'm hoping to see both this year, wolves are amazing to watch in the woods.

Posted on: 2017/11/2 11:15

LSF Member
From Mille Lacs/Landfall
Quote:

pulleye16 wrote:
I'm a 171 guy also and have seen tons of wolves on trail cams but even better, I've seen more deer than I've ever seen!

I'm hoping to see both this year, wolves are amazing to watch in the woods.

It will be more amazing how fast your deer number will drop. They will decimate the herd and move on.....

Posted on: 2017/11/2 11:41

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page