Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Getting ready for the Season
LSF Member
From Maple Grove
Getting excited with this cold weather & even though we are at least a month out I'm getting all my gear ready. What are your thoughts on mounting an auger on an atv?

I've got utility hooks on the front rack. Is it okay to put the auger in there and have the power head dangling off the side or would that be bad for the auger?

Posted on: 11/1 9:29:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Getting ready for the Season
LSF Member
From Minnesota
Get a digger auger mount. I have broken all sorts of different hooks on my UTV and damaged my auger a couple times. If you don support the auger head you could bend the shaft.

Posted on: 11/1 9:52:34

Re: Getting ready for the Season
LSF Member
From Linwood, MN
I've been using an old mad dog mount that has a v- clamp for one end and then 2 rubber mounting plates with Velcro on the other end to attach to the handles. Keeps the head supported and also the gas tank to point up. the link shows a picture.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.tv/enthusiasts/catalog_item_detail.asp?catalog=5900&levelcode=64986&product=997371&cattype=&ProductCategoryCode=

Posted on: 11/1 15:00:00

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page