Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Drop Down Pivot Arm
LSF Member
Anyone ever have issues with their pivot arm seizing up got my fish house out of storage and one of besides I was able to finally get it to rotate up and down a little bit but I want to take the whole thing off and clean it up and read Regrease it all, but I'm having a hell of a time getting the thing off I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or have had this problem!
Thanks

Posted on: 11/9 6:54:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Drop Down Pivot Arm
LSF Member
From mora mn
My dad had same problem. He finally got it broke lose like you said and greased heck out of and moved up and down bunch of times. Don't think he took apart but wouldn't be a bad idea.

Posted on: 11/9 8:14:55

LSF Member
From Sartell, MN
Is there a grease zerk installed on the pivoting arm? If not , you should install one, easy to keep the arm greased up with one.

Posted on: 11/9 9:03:13

LSF Member
Thanks guys, there is one on there and I do have it broke lose but the one even though loose is pretty bad so I'm taking apart and going to clean it all up!!!

Posted on: 11/9 9:25:41

LSF Member
From Hiding from the Wife!
Heat and Beat! Or if you know someone with a porta power jack, I've had to do that on more than one Ice Castle. Lots of PB Blaster, just knock or drill out the old zerk and hose it down for a day or so. I will typically add zerks to all shacks that come thru so that they have two per side.

Posted on: 11/10 11:00:51

LSF Member
Ive never used one so just wondering How do you use a porta power?? I see it acts like a jack, do you put it between the frame and the steel on the pivot arm? Thanks

Posted on: 11/13 18:52:18

Staff Team
From Mayer , MN
They have a hand pump housing connected to a a small hydraulic cylinder or a duckbill spreader. That provides power to help force the axle off the pivot arm. You have to place it between the frame and the pivot arm of the drop axle and then pump it up like a jack. Another one that works is a large two or three jaw puller. Liberal soaking with penetrating oil usually doesn't free the ones that are rusted so tight that the house won't drop under it's weight. A torch is is usually necessary to free those. A weld shop neighbor friend has done over 50 houses already with axles frozen to the pivot shaft.

Posted on: 11/13 19:07:16

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page