Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Fish House Satellite TV Setup?
LSF Member
Hello Everyone,

Just getting our new wheel house setup and ready for the season. Want to get a good setup for Satellite TV. A couple questions:

1. What is the best Satellite dish for the money?
2. We have cable TV in our home. What is the best dish company and contract to use.
3. Obviously it will only be for a few months and wondering if Dish Network or Direct TV do a short term deal?
4. Do we have to purchase the dish receiver? Any other Tips?

Thanks

Posted on: 11/13 8:16:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fish House Satellite TV Setup?
LSF Member
From Hiding from the Wife!
We borrowed a tailgator this summer from a buddy who had dish and used it for camping. Worked great, we just paid him the extra $10/month to activate his receiver.

On the flip side, I have Directv at my home and cabin. I have been very pleased with the service and pricing. Was quite the price break over having cable TV!

Posted on: 11/13 10:28:58

LSF Member
From Fairmont, MN
I have the dish network tailgater, it works really well. I already had dish in my house so all I needed to do was buy the tailgater and another receiver and add the receiver to my plan, i think its only 10 dollars a month extra and you can take it off in the summer if your not using it. My guess is you would be best off changing your cable to dish that way your not paying for two different providers.

Posted on: 11/13 10:29:31

LSF Member
From The shack
I use the tailgater system. Works great. I use the receiver in my basement that way I'm not paying the extra charge. I can't pause, record or do any streaming threw it but it's not my primary tv so it doesn't bother us.

Posted on: 11/13 19:06:33

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page