Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Metro Ice~
LSF Member
From central mn
Wouldn't ya know two knuckle heads ventured out on bald eagle sunday,I watched for awhile expecting the worst,they did have a raft with them....But really?

Posted on: 11/13 12:04:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Metro Ice~
LSF Member
From West Metro
Seems a bit early for me, and I have no problem fishing on 3" of ice.

I'm guessing the shallow, wind protected lakes in the metro will have 3"-4" sometime between 11/27 and 12/1.

Posted on: 11/13 18:33:29

Re: Metro Ice~
LSF Member
From Coon Lake, MN
The first ice anglers hit the channel on Coon Lake last weekend. They found a few northern pike willing to bite. Ice conditions were highly variable between 2 and 4 inches. (Due to some knucklehead that just had to drive a boat through the ice and break it up as it was forming.) In most locations where people were fishing they found about three inches of ice. Don't venture out of the channel yet as the main lake doesn't have anywhere near enough ice to walk on yet.

The little general store just south of the channel was sold this past spring and the new owners have bait and limited tackle again.

Posted on: 11/16 18:21:41

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page