Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Anyone using the new OnXmaps system?
LSF Member
From Anoka County ,Minn.
I have an older version of the onxmaps , it works good but the newer versions seem to be better at interactive with a PC .
I want to beable to use my handheld gps and transfer the trails to a pc map to save and print off later.

Will the new version do this or are they still not able to transfer data to a pc and print maps with the data?

Benny

Posted on: 11/13 23:42:24

Re: Anyone using the new OnXmaps system?
LSF Member
From Thief River Falls
Not sure about transferring to a pc. but i was out in montana hunting a couple times this year and i downloaded the map areas that i was going to be hunting in and turn the app to offline mode and you can use it just like you are connected to cell service. It works very good as you are still able to put waypoints in and see where you are with the gps.

Posted on: 11/14 8:26:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Quote:

Benny wrote:
I have an older version of the onxmaps , it works good but the newer versions seem to be better at interactive with a PC .
I want to beable to use my handheld gps and transfer the trails to a pc map to save and print off later.

Will the new version do this or are they still not able to transfer data to a pc and print maps with the data?

Benny

Hello Benny! You can transfer data between your GPS, computer, and our webviewer with our new Import and Export feature. Any thing that you mark on the phone, tablet, or computer will sync up with your account then you can export them from the computer and transfer them to your GPS and vice versa transferring stuff from your GPS to your Computer. If you log in on our website, there is a print option as well that will print exactly what is showing on your screen!
Check out our support page for tutorials on how that import and export works.
https://onxmapssupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000602427-Web-Map

Posted on: 11/15 18:37:26

LSF Member
From Anoka County ,Minn.
WOW, didn't expect a rep to comment. Cool!!

Here is what I am looking for, when we go out to North Dakota we spend a lot of time driving around scouting and jumping ponds.
I want to be able to print out or at least store the routes over laid with the road maps so we know where the ponds , fields, and farms are that we found to hunt on.

I used to print out a road map off a mapping app or a GIS sight then fire up the Lowrance unit to see my route then trace them out on the road map I printed.

It would be so much more easy to just load them to a PC and print them off that way.

Will the OnXmaps software do this?

Benny

Posted on: 11/15 23:21:43

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
benny, i just started using onx this fall, works awesome. you should be able to load them on the online account, import your trails and print them off like the OnX guy said

Posted on: 11/16 10:49:25

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
or just get the app and you can view your maps on your phone without any service

Posted on: 11/16 10:50:12

LSF Member
From Anoka County ,Minn.
I would prefer not to use my phone, I have a Garmin Montana 600 so it should work as good. I have the HuntMN chip loaded in the unit now.

Do you have to pay for the online app from OnXmaps? I assume it is a monthly fee like Garmins Birdseye feature for using Google earth maps.

I looked at their web page but it is confusing as to what one would need to have , seems one feature like base camp is needed to run the online app and the map chip needs the base camp app to load data to and save it.
So you end up having to buy all three just to use them transfer data.

Posted on: 11/16 21:19:47

LSF Member
From Baxter, MN
the online app comes with the annual subscription of the app purchase. now, as far as using the online app and your chip, i'm not sure how all of that works, i'm assuming its the same as phone app users, the only thing is you have a cord from your gps to your computer to transfer data? maybe the OnX guy can chip back in

Posted on: 11/17 11:19:46

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page