Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Anyone using the new OnXmaps system?
Quote:

TerryOlson wrote:

Hey TeamHunt -

I'm new to OnX and it looks great. I've saved a large map (100 miles) for offline use but this is far more are than I need and I'd like better resolution. My thought is to delete the downloaded map, but I don't see how to do this either within the app or on the tutorial website.

Advice please?

Thanks very much.

The larger area that you save, the less detail you will get.
For example, that 100 mile wide map gives you a general overview of an area, generally if you are traveling somewhere. Whereas the 5 mile wide map will give you the most zooming capabilities. You can save multiple maps to cover a larger area with that zooming detail. This page has the tutorial on saving those maps https://onxmapssupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007554328-Off-Grid-maps-Save-maps-when-you-are-out-of-cell-coverage

Posted on: 2017/11/21 12:06
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Quote:

Benny wrote:
I would prefer not to use my phone, I have a Garmin Montana 600 so it should work as good. I have the HuntMN chip loaded in the unit now.

Do you have to pay for the online app from OnXmaps? I assume it is a monthly fee like Garmins Birdseye feature for using Google earth maps.

I looked at their web page but it is confusing as to what one would need to have , seems one feature like base camp is needed to run the online app and the map chip needs the base camp app to load data to and save it.
So you end up having to buy all three just to use them transfer data.

If you just need Minnesota, then the best option for you would be the Premium membership for $29.99/year. This gives you the ability to log into the Web Map and print all that information. Basecamp is a free program and that is how you would get those files off your GPS to be able to put them on the onX Web Map. You will also be able to update your Minnesota Chip to the most current version as well.

This article shows you how to save those waypoints from your GPS/Basecamp
https://onxmapssupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115007388027-Saving-waypoints-tracks-lines-and-shapes-from-your-GPS-or-BaseCamp-to-load-into-your-onX-account

This article shows you how to import that information onto the Web Map so you can print it off
https://onxmapssupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002196452-Importing-waypoints-tracks-lines-and-shapes-into-Web-Map

Posted on: 2017/11/21 12:12

LSF Member
From Ramsey
Quote:

lurkingwalter wrote:
Terry,

When you are in the app, touch the off grid tab. that will show all your saved areas. each saved area is its own little box, at the bottom of the saved area box, there are two buttons, one to edit the area and one to delete it.

May be able to just edit the area to get better resolution. i usually use the highest resolution which is a 5 mile area. takes a lot of space but i have a lot of free space on my phone.

Thanks very much for your time and expertise in response. I don't find the two buttons beneath the saved area - just the date and time it was saved and how large the file size is - 131 MB. Above them slightly is a red box with a "+" in it and "Save New Map" and to the right is a tab to go on and off line.

Ideas about what I'm missing?

Thanks again.

Posted on: 2017/11/22 17:33

Quote:

TerryOlson wrote:
Quote:

lurkingwalter wrote:
Terry,

When you are in the app, touch the off grid tab. that will show all your saved areas. each saved area is its own little box, at the bottom of the saved area box, there are two buttons, one to edit the area and one to delete it.

May be able to just edit the area to get better resolution. i usually use the highest resolution which is a 5 mile area. takes a lot of space but i have a lot of free space on my phone.

Thanks very much for your time and expertise in response. I don't find the two buttons beneath the saved area - just the date and time it was saved and how large the file size is - 131 MB. Above them slightly is a red box with a "+" in it and "Save New Map" and to the right is a tab to go on and off line.

Thanks again.

Do you know if you have a setting on your phone that enlarges the icons of apps? Sometimes if you have that turned on it can cut off certain features of the app

Posted on: 2017/11/28 11:43

LSF Member
From Ramsey
Quote:

TeamHunt wrote:
Quote:

TerryOlson wrote:
Quote:

lurkingwalter wrote:
Terry,

Thanks again.

Do you know if you have a setting on your phone that enlarges the icons of apps? Sometimes if you have that turned on it can cut off certain features of the app

You were EXACTLY RIGHT - my old eyes like a larger font and when I reduced the size the features that you described were visible.

Thanks very much again!

Posted on: 2017/11/28 18:27

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page