Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Ice conditions/rain?
LSF Member
Hello, I called the bait shops up there sounds like your getting a lot of rain? Any one think it would be worth a try this Sunday? Just trying to plan. Any small lakes that I should keep an eye on? I heard that Emily and little Mary might be possibilities? Thanks I'm just as antsy as everyone just hate to drive 3 hours for no hope.

Posted on: 11/14 13:32:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ice conditions/rain?
LSF Member
A few smaller shallower lakes are froze. I know one had 5 inches on Sunday, but some areas had around 3. I'm guessing with no sun out it didn't effect it much but this drizzle could be a different story. It will get below freezing at night the rest of the week so I'm guessing it will be fine by the weekend.

Posted on: 11/14 17:04:40

LSF Member
Thank you very much!

Posted on: 11/14 19:27:24

LSF Member
From St. Cloud
There were structures out on the ice on Pelican near Ashby on Sunday. Brophy was open, as was Victoria.

Posted on: 11/14 19:52:27

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
Any ice reports from the Alexandria area? I heard the bigger lakes were wide open this week but am curious how the smaller lakes and north end of Osakis are doing. The 10 day forecast has some warm and windy days that will slow things down. Ill be up over Thanksgiving and hope to bring the ice gear with.

Posted on: 11/16 9:41:10

LSF Member
From Battle lake
Bring your ice gear I would think there would be ice on. Smaller lakes for sure if heard few people going out on smaller lakes already in the battle lake area haven't seen just heard I'm taking a ride today to check out a couple smaller lakes

Posted on: 11/16 9:59:03

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
Ill likely have the truck loaded for the season by then. Ill only be 30 minutes from Battle lake so I may have to head that way.. Let us know how the ice looks after your ride.. I Have already started my researching smaller/shallower lakes that should freeze up first so I should be alright

Quote:

fishingfool wrote:
Bring your ice gear I would think there would be ice on. Smaller lakes for sure if heard few people going out on smaller lakes already in the battle lake area haven't seen just heard I'm taking a ride today to check out a couple smaller lakes

Posted on: 11/16 11:35:35

LSF Member
Not to familiar with Battle Lake area any names of smaller lakes to try? Would this Sunday be a possible option? I plan on driving that way.

Posted on: 11/16 11:55:10

LSF Member
From Battle lake
Just wet for a ride on 4 wheeler just went to Fiske lake I know nothing about the lake its self the whole lake was froze except the west side had open water took some pics but don't know how to post them there are a ton of smaller lakes up here I'd bet they be fishing middle lake there's lots of little lakes up here I would check with bens bait in battle lake they would tell you more than I can battle lake isn't far from alexandria I've only lived up here a year so I
just trying lakes as I find them all lakes up here are good fishing message me when time gets closer I will let you know what I know I won't be out till others are out and I know it's safe

Posted on: 11/16 13:11:49

LSF Member
From Battle lake
Just watched weather report I'd say. Bring the boat now it's going to be in the 40s two days this week and close to 50 on Thanksgiving day was. At battle yesterday it's wide open but forcast changes daily up here I haven't been out in 2 weeks and the few people I know all hunt but I heard a few people are getting musky depending on winds I'm taking boat out on Monday and Thanksgiving day I'd say it's up in the air right now I just know you won't see me on the ice untill it's safe I'll keep you posted as it gets closer and I'll. Ask around and see what's happening if anyone else fishes the area at different lakes and wasn't to trade some info. On different lakes pretty much only fished battle lake and new up here I put in probably 60 to 80 hours a week ok battle I fish daily depending on weather living the dream life retired at 47 and live to fish 99% catch and release only keep 2 meals in freezer at a time

Posted on: 11/17 9:46:12

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page