Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Ice Report Lake Osakis
LSF Member
From Lake Osakis, MN
Took a drive around Lake Osakis earlier. It appears the cold and calm winds we had last night made a lot of ice. From what I could tell it appeared the lake was locked up except there was a small open area in Manthey's Bay that had a couple trumpeter swans swimming around and another small area in front of Holiday Resort that had some ducks swimming around. The rest was all ice, thin ice. Don't know if it will hold up over the next 5 days. High of 38 tomorrow, 46 and showers on Friday with high winds, 36 Saturday, 44 Sunday and 44 Monday. The lows over night aren't going to dip very low. If it was a few inches thick I wouldn't be to concerned, but as thin as it is, could be bad.

Posted on: 11/22 15:28:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Ice Report Lake Osakis
Staff Team
Thank you for the update on the lake in your area. Sure appreciate it..........Kirk

Posted on: 11/24 18:14:10

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

LSF Member
From Lake Osakis, MN
Latest ice observation from this morning. This is for the north end of the lake only. Didn't get south of Moon Bar so don't know what it looks like south of there. There is a stretch of open water out near the middle west of Battle Point that is a couple hundred yards long. The area from the north side of Coonhoven Bay over to Coon Point and east to about Lindberg Point is all open water. The 145th access to Manthey's Bay was open yesterday for about five feet out from shore but had a thin crust of ice this morning but I don't think it will last the day.

Posted on: 11/30 20:11:48

LSF Member
From Lake Osakis, MN
This is my ice observation from yesterday.
The open spots that I could see were here and there. I didnít take all the side roads so I couldnít check every nook and cranny but I did hit some high spots where I could get a good view of the lake. The south end by town had open water a couple hundred yards out from the access that ran east to about Idlewild resort and north as far as two mile, maybe farther. The area around Miller Point and south was open as far as I could see. Couldnít tell if it went far enough south to connect with the open water from town. There were several other small areas scattered around on the main lake. There was a small area of open water on the south side of Battle Point with an open area that extended WSW from there almost to the other side. The area that was open before east and west of Holiday resort was still open. With the light winds and cool temps we are having today I would expect a lot of that open water to lock back up again.

Posted on: 12/7 15:43:22

LSF Member
Thanks for the detailed updates keep us informed I always like hitting Osakis for one of my early ice lakes

Posted on: 12/8 0:30:18

LSF Member
Thanks for the great detailed reports RetiredOnOsakis! Love this lake and have been fishing it for years all the way back to renting cabins at sunset resort when it was still open. Any chance you could get a picture or two of the ice?

Posted on: 12/8 5:56:58

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
Thanks for keeping us updated. The first hand reports are appreciated. Hows the north end looking from 145th? Usually im fishing up there by now this year. Still deciding where to go tomorrow.

Posted on: 12/8 7:12:43

LSF Member
From Lake Osakis, MN
Finally got some time to get out this afternoon. Fished the Schultz's Bay area out to about half way to Battle Point. Had six inches everywhere I went. Stayed away from any of the areas that were recent lock ups. But don't take my word for it. If you go out any place, check for yourself as you go.

rjsobas,
Didn't get up to the 145th access on Manthey's Bay but I'm sure people are going out there. Saw some spear houses out and some other portables in various areas. Saw one ATV out.

Posted on: 12/8 16:49:11

LSF Member
From Saint Paul
Thanks for the info, I decided to hit up Mille Lacs as it was closer and had more ice. I'll be on Osakis Saturday and will report back

Posted on: 12/10 13:46:09

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page