Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Nicest Lake of the Woods Sleeper Houses
LSF Member
I have stayed at a number of the resorts, but looking to try something new. Who has the nicest sleeper houses on LOTW?

Posted on: 2017/11/25 20:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Nicest Lake of the Woods Sleeper Houses
LSF Member
From Ramsey, mn
I've stayed at arneson Rocky point a hand full of times. I think they are 10x25, 2 bunks, 4 big trofts with 2 holes in each, oven with stove and a dumper to. Like them alot! Plus only resort on the south western side to. Recommend!

Posted on: 2017/11/25 23:39

LSF Member
Quote:

crappierprowler wrote:
I have stayed at a number of the resorts, but looking to try something new. Who has the nicest sleeper houses on LOTW?
Freds beds r probably the nicest (newest)IMHO.Patch motel in Warroad has the ice fishing service with some pretty new houses as well.Alot of choices but hard to find "new"houses.They don't take long to be not so nice!!!!c63

Posted on: 2017/11/26 19:59

LSF Member
Thanks. I have stayed at Patch several times. Do you know if they have a fish cleaning facility now? One time they had me clean fish in an area of the hotel that was a bit awkward. Overall I liked it a lot though especially with the bar attached. I may give Fred's Beds a shot for one of my trips this year.

Posted on: 2017/11/26 20:21

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
We stayed with Fred's beds last year. House was nice and their service was good. Checked in multiple times each day (morning and evening) to make sure we were set on bait etc. Had a TV and DVD player which was a nice touch and we caught a lot of fish!

Posted on: 2017/11/27 9:11

LSF Member
From Lake Lillian, MN
My group goes to Fred's Beds every year. I wouldn't say they have the nicest houses but they are certainly above average and comfortable. It all depends if you get a new house that Nels built or an inherited house that came from when he bought the business. The worst house, for example, is a 10x20 that is supposed to sleep 6 that Nels got when he bought the business. It's a glorified sardine can. On the other hand, last year we had a 12x24 5 man and it was great with plenty of space.

Nels has been updating houses to include an oven and stove but I've never been lucky enough to get one of the updated ones. An oven would be a great addition. Otherwise, the beds are comfortable, the heater gets it toasty and the rattle reels are in nice positions.

The service is really what sets them apart. If you have a problem, they're right there to fix it. If you don't have a problem, they'll still come by in the morning and afternoon/dinner time to make sure you're all set with toilet bags, bait and propane.

The houses do come with a tv and dvd player but you'll need to supply your own generator. Having the ability to drive up to Morris Point for a meal/drinks is also a great plus. All-in-all, I'd highly recommend Fred's Beds with the caveat that you won't be staying in the Taj Mahal (like some of the Mille Lacs sleepers) but it's a highly functional and comfortable house with excellent service.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 10:37

LSF Member
Patch has sleeper houses too!U can stay out on the lake.Last season we got canceled last minute.......the point where the houses were broke up and I think the bomber got stuck in a crack if I remember right.We tried Freds but he was all booked up.We found Jeffs ice-o-minimums instead.Very large houses wide and long.They also had wiring/ ac plugs/ lights ready for generators.Jeffs was good but I like fishing out of Patch better out to whiskey flats and/or Canada sandbar!!!!All the services on LOW have good,better,best houses.......seem to keep all the older houses around as long as they can.Don't know if you like to drive your own vehicle out or not.I prefer a ride out(or use personal tracked vehicles) as the further on the lake you get the more treacherous it becomes in dark and wind/snow/rain etc etc.......Be careful out there!!!! c63

Posted on: 2017/11/27 12:04

LSF Member
Great info guys. Thank you.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 20:28

LSF Member
From Warroad
The Patch/Izzy’s does have a fish cleaning facility now, out back in the shop but it’s pretty nice.

Posted on: 2017/11/30 20:08

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page