Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

Bite this weekend on Red Lake
LSF Member
So, we went up to upper Res Lake this weekend with high expectations. We got to Rogers at about 11:25 am on Friday and fished until Sunday about 2:00 pm. When we got to Rogers on Friday it was the biggest zoo I have ever seen up there for early ice. We went out in about 11 feet of water and got four nice walleyes and constantly marked fish with very few bites. Saturday we decided to go out too about 12 feet of water and only got two fish from a whole day of fishing. We moved around allot and located allot of fish, but it seemed they would check out our bait and not bite. I did see that the berometric pressure was up and down, so maybe that had allot to do with it. We tried everything and moved around allot. Heard there was a good bite out of hillmans resort. We might try going somewhere different then out of Rogers resort. I just could not believe how busy it was out of there. I love going to Rogers, but am starting to get turned off by how many people are going out of there. Did anybody have any different luck out there?

Posted on: 2017/11/26 21:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Bite this weekend on Red Lake
LSF Member
From Grand Rapids
Was up there Saturday and did really well. We had one short of our limit at 10 and were fishing for the bigger fish till noon. We did not get a big girls.

We were doing well with anything pink-red glow/uv! Best was the pink rattle spoon of some type. We drill 40 or so hole and hole hooped like crappie fishing. Seamed like 5 minutes a hole and move on, had some double out of holes but had to look for them. The ones that wanted it crushed it other were turned off and very negative. We did not use any set lines just jigging spoons.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 7:32

LSF Member
From Maple Grove
What was ice like? Is all of upper red froze over?

Posted on: 2017/11/27 9:41

Staff Team
Great to hear and glad the walleyes cooperated, I myself am headed up around midnight and arriving early so I can get a couple of good days of fishing in with my old Buddy Tyler (Crappie Scout). Love that area up there and hope the fish are still on the bite.......Kirk

Posted on: 2017/11/27 13:36

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page