Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

Thoughts and Prayers
LSF Member
Anyone on or near Red Lake please keep your eyes open.

Currently the sheriffs department is looking for Melissa Siedenstricker and Zeth Knyphausen. They were last seen Saturday, November 25th at Rogers Bar on Red Lake. They rented a sleeper cabin at Rogers for the weekend. When the sleeper was checked this morning, all of their belongings and personal items were still in the ice house. The truck was found down by the lake, but the trailer and four wheeler have not yet been located. The four wheeler is a Polaris 500 and it's camo with a diamond plate around the back rack. There would be an R in the middle of the diamond....the wheeler could possibly have a small trailer behind it.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 3:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Thoughts and Prayers
LSF Member
From Wyoming
Hope all is well... that seems very odd! Fingers crossed.

Posted on: 2017/11/27 11:50

LSF Member

Posted on: 2017/11/27 15:34

LSF Member

Posted on: 2017/11/28 7:47

LSF Member
From Wyoming
I am rather confused... all recent reports say 10"s. Have talked to a resort who said they have 3 miles of marked roads. Have seen pictures with ATV's and even a wheelhouse.

Everyone be careful out there. Check the ice periodically and be smart. Alcoholic beverages, darkness, and early ice are not a good combination.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 8:16

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Quote:

danemanny wrote:
I am rather confused... all recent reports say 10"s. Have talked to a resort who said they have 3 miles of marked roads. Have seen pictures with ATV's and even a wheelhouse.

Everyone be careful out there. Check the ice periodically and be smart. Alcoholic beverages, darkness, and early ice are not a good combination.

First hand reports I've gotten from friends are the ice has gotten very sketchy and no one should be venturing outside of marked areas by resorts during the day even but especially not at night. I don't know any details about this incident, but the saying "no ice is safe ice" is a saying because its 100% true.

Hope everyone up there stays safe and makes smart decisions as we have had some warm and windy days lately.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 11:09

Pro Staff
From Fosston, Mn
It's gonna be warm up here for a while now, that combined with high winds for the next few days. Currently, we are seeing wind gusts of up to 46 mph

Posted on: 2017/11/28 11:31

LSF Member
From Fargo
So sad. My heart goes out to the families...stay safe, with the warm temps and the wind don't take any chances

Posted on: 2017/11/28 11:55

LSF Member
From Bemidji
Our prayers go out to the families of Melissa and Zeth. Heart breaking news.

Posted on: 2017/11/28 19:07

LSF Member
Quote:

danemanny wrote:

I was up there that weekend I had 9 inches of ice were I was

If you look at the resort map the good ice is a small box with crack and open water around it.

I stayed within the boundaries and found good ice everywhere. I saw tons of people going where they shouldn't have gone that weekend to try to get away from the crowd.

The only wheel houses out were portavillas two mans to my knowledge and they were not far out.

Even at night if you would of stayed in the boundary I find it hard to get turned around as the landing has a flashing light at the access.

Sad news all around

With the warm weather and the winds I will stay away for awhile or head to west wind as they have better ice conditions up there

Stay safe everyone use your head always carry ice picks and a life jacket or floating suit is a wise choice for early ice as well.

Posted on: 2017/11/29 0:24

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page