Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Live update
Staff Team
Ended up with 11 fish the second day/night and what a great time was had. The wind was brutal for both days but the last night it blew 45 mph or more (it seemed) non stop for it seemed hours. The house I was in was nice and warm but boy you had to have all the vacant holes covered.

Wednesday morning I knew the day bite was slow and went and visited my friend Chris Friedenberg from Rogers on the Red and it was sure great to see an old friend. While I was there a crack opened and Chris and Jerry (the past owner) hooked up a 30 foot bridge section and headed out to help out. They are busy there with the wind and warmer weather but are out doing what they do. Please be safe if YOU decide to head up and do some fishing. I know the accesses are closed now but we will see what the future holds. Another great trip and early ice and we will be up in a couple of weeks to try our luck again.............Kirk

Posted on: 12/1 11:50:21

Pro Staff- The Dangler

KING OF THE CATS CHAMPION 2011
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Kirk, was curious how the ice was out of Bear Paw? Ill be going up there december 27-29 and staying in the 10x22 they have. Hoping to be able to drive out by then

Posted on: 12/1 13:34:16

Staff Team
The ice under my house was 12 inches of good ice under my four man sleeper. I am headed back on the 18th of December and staying in one of their 10 x 20's also. The forecast looks awesome and should have no problem driving out to the houses by than. One thing I do know is that I will listen and follow the directions given to me by Steve and Tyler like I have for years with no problems whatsoever. ...........Kirk

Posted on: 12/1 13:40:26

Pro Staff- The Dangler

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Sounds good! Thanks for the update. Really excited to get back up there and catch up with Steve and Tyler again.

Posted on: 12/1 20:23:56

LSF Member
Quote:

evbballdude21 wrote:
Kirk, was curious how the ice was out of Bear Paw? Ill be going up there december 27-29 and staying in the 10x22 they have. Hoping to be able to drive out by then

No doubt you should be able to drive out have you seen the forecast starting tues?

Posted on: 12/2 3:52:19

LSF Member
From Minnesota
Haha I have! This time of year all I do is watch the forecast. Love seeing the cold, but hoping for some more snow come our trip up there so I can snowmobile as well with the girlfriend!

Posted on: 12/2 10:57:40

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
Kirk sounds like you had a great time and thanks for the report!

Posted on: 12/2 11:50:25

LSF Member
From Duluth
Hit the road this afternoon,got a cabin for a couple days across the street at Big Bog State Park. Stopped at West Wind Resort,said they are talking about letting single axle wheel house pulled by wheelers this weekend.

Looks like plenty of snow for sleds on the ice too. Sounds like there road is out a couple miles w/11-12 ice.

Heading out in the morning,found fatheads,rainbows and shiners here.

Fishing buddy forgot his chair! ,,,told him hes going to have a cold sore axx! Any support appreciated. Not finding any here at this time

Sure is nice to be back...

Attach file:

jpeg  0DE27526-36C5-4179-A47B-DAAA46D04DA5.jpeg (1,635.04 KB)
32461_5a2886eada79d.jpeg 3264X2448 px

Posted on: 12/6 19:10:18

LSF Member
From West Metro
Good luck up there, looking forward to a report!

Posted on: 12/6 19:15:13

Staff Team
Have fun, be safe and hope the walleyes are under you. Look forward to some live updates. Thanks in advance........Kirk

Posted on: 12/7 6:46:13

Pro Staff- The Dangler

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page