Fishing Guides
Bait & Tackle Shops
Products & Services
Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Ice Fishing clothing/suits. Worth it?
LSF Member
Quote:

Bobb-o wrote:
Duluth trading has some really nice fleece-lined Dry on the Fly pants. I probably wear them 90% of the time I am on the ice now as they are much more comfortable than bibs.

I have to check that out. I've gotten lots of stuff from them, and it's all been of amazing quality.

Posted on: 2017/12/4 21:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Pro Staff
From Grand Forks, North Dakota
try this place out. I bought some rain gear from them last summer.

https://www.fieldsupply.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=frabill

Posted on: 2017/12/4 23:43
Catfish University

LSF Member
From Duluth
Quote:

Bobb-o wrote:
I have an arctic Armor suit and love it, but if you are looking to save a few bucks and don't always want to wear a set of bibs while on the ice, Duluth trading has some really nice fleece-lined Dry on the Fly pants. I probably wear them 90% of the time I am on the ice now as they are much more comfortable than bibs.

Just ordered a pair of Alaskan Hardgear Snowcat pants after looking at them in the Duluth Trading store today. 25% off and free shipping. Probably not quite as comfortable as the Dry on the Fly,and lack the cargo pockets,but are definitely what the name implies. Thanks for sharing.

Posted on: 2017/12/5 13:32

LSF Member
From Mankato
If money is tight i wouldn't worry about the coat... Just get your self a nice pair of water proof ice fishing bibs and youll be more than happy. I have a pair of striker ice bibs and would not hesitate to purchase them again!

Posted on: 2017/12/5 14:34

LSF Member
From minnesota
I 2nd Fieldsupply.com I have bought gear from them at great prices.

Posted on: 2017/12/11 15:52

LSF Member
From Plato, MN
I just wear my Carhart bibs because they are warm, comfortable, and durable....and I'm too cheap to buy dedicated ice fishing clothes lol. I waxed the knees which is easy to do with an iron and some wax and I stay dry in them

Posted on: 2017/12/19 10:11

LSF Member
From Fargo, ND
I bought the blue clam suit something like 8 years ago and love it. I move around a lot so I almost never set up my house. Without the ability to keep the wind out and keep dry, I'd have to set up my house. Pretty much all of the major players have great water and wind resistance which will keep you out longer.

If your primary concern is keeping your legs dry, then just go with the bibs as others have suggested. I've fished outside as cold as -30 with my suit. With the full suit I can easily fish subzero temps with 10-20 mph winds and the only concern is keeping my hands and face warm.

I haven't found anything that has the wind resistance + pocket storage that my jacket has, which is something to consider. I can have a couple pucks of grubs and a few tackle boxes and jump hole to hole with room to spare between the leg and jacket pockets, and the jacket is light weight enough that I don't end up being too bulky. Normally I just have some underarmor and a hoodie on underneath and I'm plenty toasty.

-MS

Posted on: 2017/12/20 10:39

LSF Member
From Perham
I've had a vesilar suit and an ice armor grey suit. They both keep you warm, both of them had the arm pits tear out reaching for stuff. What do you guys know about floating gear? Thinking about getting some floating bibs at least. No idea where to start.

Posted on: 2017/12/20 13:41

LSF Member
Quote:

msaunders wrote:
I bought the blue clam suit something like 8 years ago and love it. I move around a lot so I almost never set up my house. Without the ability to keep the wind out and keep dry, I'd have to set up my house. Pretty much all of the major players have great water and wind resistance which will keep you out longer.

If your primary concern is keeping your legs dry, then just go with the bibs as others have suggested. I've fished outside as cold as -30 with my suit. With the full suit I can easily fish subzero temps with 10-20 mph winds and the only concern is keeping my hands and face warm.

I haven't found anything that has the wind resistance + pocket storage that my jacket has, which is something to consider. I can have a couple pucks of grubs and a few tackle boxes and jump hole to hole with room to spare between the leg and jacket pockets, and the jacket is light weight enough that I don't end up being too bulky. Normally I just have some underarmor and a hoodie on underneath and I'm plenty toasty.

-MS
The striker suits have load of pockets

sometimes I hate it because I tend to always put things in different pockets and have to search around for it

Posted on: 2017/12/21 0:23

LSF Member
Check out Marine General IA Extreme parka and bibs in the special sales 129.99. GREAT DEAL

Posted on: 2017/12/30 13:21

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page