Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

« 1 (2)

Re: Wolf Experience
LSF Member
From central mn
More wolf stories during deer season this year than ever it seems.

Buddy hunts the longville area,has for 30 yrs,they stay in the only little motel in longville,owner from the motel told my friend about a crew of trappers the dnr brought in and stayed at his motel,he was'nt sure how long they stayed to live trap and tag wolves but the count ended at 80 wolves...The deer population in the area is void of deer.

Posted on: 12/8 11:50:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

LSF Member
Quote:

jwilly wrote:
S.S.S. Shoot, shovel, shut up.

So you are in favor of poaching?

Posted on: 12/8 14:01:06

LSF Member
From andover
I'm not in favor of shooting wolves just because they walk by my stand. But I am in favor of controlling them. There is a problem with wolves up there and you just have to be there long enough to see that. Not just one instance. However had I met this pack while on the ground and they looked to me as if I was in danger, I would have shot as many as I could at the time. I would have had to be in danger. Most of the wolves I have seen was while I was on my stand. Others have been loners and ran away. Haven't seen that many over the years and this one example was [I hope] a once in a lifetime deal. Like I said before this example made me think about this great animal and especially in a pack form. So I will be more prepared but not afraid. good luck.

Posted on: 12/8 17:24:41

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

Hunting Field Staff
From Iron Range.
Quote:

Science wrote:
Quote:

jwilly wrote:
S.S.S. Shoot, shovel, shut up.

So you are in favor of poaching?

I am not in favor of poaching.

Shooting protected animals that are an overpopulated menace that are controlled by feds that have ZERO clues about their situation, ....... I do not consider that poaching. Although I am so fearful of felonies that I would be fearful of shooting one..... but I wouldn’t call the warden if I knew someone else blasted one....

Heck....I would buy them a beer!

There are too many of them.

Posted on: 12/8 19:50:40

LSF Member
I don’t mean to hijack this thread:

3 years ago middle October I was driving my boat past Sherburne National Wildlife refuge on my way to the town of Santiago. Where at the time I stored my boat for the winter “Becker storage”.

It had to be no later then 9:00 am. As I was driving and in front of me I saw walking along the ditch a huge dark grey dog. As I drove past it I thought Holy &$;& that thing I’d huge.” Then I looked in my rearview mirror and realized it was no dog. It was a wolf.

I slowed down to wait for it to pass me. But it crossed the road into the brush.

After looking online it says that grey wolves are 1 of the endangered species that often visit the SNWR.

I’ve seen Timberwolves in Ely before and those things are huge and cool as hell to witness.

On a side note. I was talking with a credible female who lives near that area. She told me 1 morning her husband was jogging on 1 of those county roads and he came across a cougar. He said he saw it and just turned around.

Anyone else have any experience with cougar sightings in central MN?

Posted on: 12/9 2:06:44

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Copyright © 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page