Important Links
Classified Ads
Contact Us & More
Minnesota Fishing Reports

(1) 2 »

North Metro Ice Reports
LSF Member
From Coon Rapids, MN
Can i get some updates on ice in the area?

Posted on: 12/6 17:15:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: North Metro Ice Reports
LSF Member
Pretty gloomy. I checked a small north metro lake that usually freezes first. Open water for much of the lake.
2'' near shore, 1/2'' after that. Might need another 5 days.

Posted on: 12/6 19:20:49

LSF Member
From West Metro
I checked a small, shallow lake in the SW Metro that is one of the first in my area to lockup today. There were still several small pockets of open water. There was 2" of cloudy ice near shore. The wind hasn't been doing us any favors and the snow Monday has made for a base layer of weak ice in the places it has started to form. Several small lakes with max depths of about 25 were basically still wide open. We need some calm nights and no more snow for 3-4 days to get the small/medium lakes to cap.

Attach file:

jpg  20171206_133227.jpg (2,976.41 KB)
35781_5a2889d5cc7cf.jpg 4032X3024 px

Posted on: 12/6 19:22:45

LSF Member
From Anoka
Most lakes are open however I found 3 inches on a lake today. Get out and do the dirty work thefightingpike

Posted on: 12/6 20:40:31

LSF Member
Quote:

mzlakefinder wrote:
Most lakes are open however I found 3 inches on a lake today. Get out and do the dirty work thefightingpike
Most useless post

Posted on: 12/7 0:25:34

LSF Member
From Chaska
I didn't think so.
The best fishing I've ever had i was first guy on the first ice hot spot. More than one time!!
I never had an Auger in my hands!
2 and 1/2" and a spud an i was in heaven.

Hey Zach, What's the D stand for????? With that response I've got a great idea!!

Posted on: 12/7 1:09:15

Ignorance and inconsideration are the two great causes of the ruin of mankind.(unknown)

LSF Member
Quote:

spotchecker wrote:
I didn't think so.
The best fishing I've ever had i was first guy on the first ice hot spot. More than one time!!
I never had an Auger in my hands!
2 and 1/2" and a spud an i was in heaven.

Hey Zach, What's the D stand for????? With that response I've got a great idea!!

Dickhead How did you guess?
I made that comment because it seemed like he was being a dick by telling him to go do the dirty work.

Posted on: 12/7 6:01:28

LSF Member
From andover
Just an example of one small lake. Here in Andover there is a small lake [maybe 50 acres] called Round Lake which is just off Round Lake Blvd. I drive by there almost daily. I watched it freeze over a few weeks ago when we had some colder weather. There were guys out there with ATV's buzzing around then.

Then came the warm front and it completely thawed out. Yesterday it was almost froze over with pockets of open water. Now this is a very shallow lake. My opinion is if this lake has open water [probably froze over today] then there are no safe lakes in the metro area. One or two more weeks in my opinion around here. Deeper lakes will be safe last as they freeze last. good luck.

Posted on: 12/7 9:13:46

You Know You Have Gone Too Far When You Turn Your Fireplace Into A BBQ Pit.

LSF Member
Most of the lakes near me in Shoreview have frozen and thawed 2-3 times already but they were all mostly open as last as yesterday with the wind not letting them freeze up. Lake Josephine was wide open yesterday but looks to have frozen over (at least i can't see any open water from the road) last night so it should finally be able to put on some inches over the next few days. Although for some reason that lake never seems to put on as much ice as other lakes in the area.

From what I've seen Id probably give the lakes a few more days to thicken up before venturing out.

Posted on: 12/7 9:47:54

Field Staff
From South Minneapolis
It is cold enough to make ice but that dang wind sure has hindered lakes locking up. Unfortunately they will lock up just in time for a nice little dusting of snow tonight/tomorrow and then this weekend suppose to be warmer again. Was hoping with the cold would be able to find some close ice this weekend but think it's a no go and will have to wait another week.

Stay safe out there! I think the early ice this year is going to be more dangerous than normal with the way the fall went, and now this windy weather so if you are venturing out please take every precaution! And... report back ha

Posted on: 12/7 9:55:20

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Copyright 2004-2013 Lake State Fishing P.O. Box 577 Deerwood, MN 56444 612-414-5593
All logos and trademarks are property of their respective owners. |  Lake State Fishing |   Login lakestatefishing.com Facebook Page lakestatefishing.com Twitter Page lakestatefishing.com LinkedIn Page lakestatefishing.com YouTube Page